ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup springs on a non cup 172, any good?

2003 Clio 2.0L 16v
Hi. Recently i was offered to buy standard cup springs to fit my standard non cup 172. The seller says they will firm up suspension and are much better then the non cup springs.
Is this true? Are they any good? Are they good compared to aftermarket springs such as eibach or the likes? Thanks!

ValverInBits
tbh, they are not as good as eibach sprotlines. They may be a tiny bit better, but you'd be really pushed to notice it.

2003 Clio 2.0L 16v
The guy only wants 10 pounds for it, so I might go for it after all.... Unless I can find cheap used eibach's

If you are fitting them yourself for £10 then you wont lose any sleep trying them but if you are paying someone to fit them I wouldn't bother personally. They are only very slightly different than the non cup springs.

2003 Clio 2.0L 16v
I dont mind them not lowering the car as im not after looks, only handling.
Though general physics dictate that the lower the center of gravity the better grip it will have, so perhaps some lowering is essential...