ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup trouble

Dropped my cup in this morning for rattling passenger seat and knocking noise when i lift off the accelerator, the garage called me up and said they cant let me have the car back as they have found a part missing off the brakes and its too dangerous!!!!!

The car has only done 2000 miles!!!!! what the hell is there part like that missing off the car i went almost all the way across the country in it the other week, are they saying i got sold a car that could of killed me!!!

Cup 172

Could this be the brake bias/force distributor thingy that has been discussed before. Some people say it should have it and others say it shouldnt.

Must be nearly a year since this topic came up, if its the same thing thats missing.

Think this is the link

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=54122&SearchPagePosition=2&search=brake&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=2&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Searchhttp://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=54122&SearchPagePosition=2&search=brake&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=2&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

[Edited by MIKE-CUP on 14 October 2004 at 1:52pm]

Yep thats the one, thats what he said was missing

Cheers for the link, still not quite sure weather it should have one or not from reading that link

Surely these mechanics should know what car has what???

Well they said they wont sign the car out till they have put one on

Its funny how my cup seems to have every problem thats mentioned on this site..

Mine 2 has had a dodgy passenger seat, they replaced the runners or seat frame..?. They managed to rip my carpet while doing it aswell!

Im pay more visits to renault than the petrol station!

Yeah i see from this site they have a lot of problems

Mine is booked in for an almost full respray because the paintwork was scratched and had marks all over it which i didnt notice till i got home!!!

Getting some free servicing out if it though (if i keep it long enough)

Mine currently has (and to my knowledge has never had any) of these issues and is for sale at the moment.*

Trouble is the world and his wife seem to be trying to sell their Cups at the moment too ...

*Gratutious plug attempt ;)