ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup v’s puma racing

had my first little freindly race today for a while with a Ford Puma racing version, well i think it was a racing version it didnt manage to get in front so i couldnt read the badge. But is was dark blue and had wide arches on it.

In every gear i went a way from it a few car lengths, i even thought i remeber when they came out and top gear were talking about how well they handle so i slowed down and waited, and waited, and waited some more till he finally caught up on the twisty parts, but no he was slow there as well.

Gave him a friendly wave after 15mins of playing with and went looking for yet another petrol station to put another 10er in.

racing puma is faster than a mk1 172 round a tight track but if its got any straights on it then it looses as it has no power

i dont think it was anywhere nearly as quick as my cup around the bends, maybe he was just playing, but i dont think so.

Clio RS 200

I must agree that the cup/172 is quicker in a straight line, as my puma only puts out 155bhp(maybe more soon). But compaired to my old mk2 172 for proper driving around twisty country roads where cornering and breaking is more of an isue, the puma wins hands down as the handling and stpping power is amazing for a small car. I carnt say for against the cup as ive not driven one yet. But this is IMHO.

I went to buy a racing puma, but the garage offered my a crap p/x price for my crappy Vectra.

So the next day i got the Cup.

The Puma is marginally better on the corners, but whoefully underpowered when up against a cup.

I would like to go head to head against a Racing Puma on a track!

CTR EK9 turbo

I think they look really nice and have that lovely popping on deceleration. Id have loved one if theyd had more go under the bonnet...

Clio RS 200

Well il bring it to a track day if i can for a play. Must be me getting older that im not intrested in flat out speed but more on handling. But then again ive got the mad sunny to play with aswell. As for the power 155 bhp is quite alright and 170+ is quite easyly atainable. Il have to have a drive of a cup before i can compaire them properly, but on a track the puma has a very good record of better handling than the elise and a few other. Boils down to the driver i supose who has the most bottle and comitment.

I went to currys the other day and when I got back out a Racing Puma had parked nex to me. Very Nice indeed - would be nicer with 190/200bhp;)