ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup vs Motorbike :(

0457ec2a.jpg

Im gutted.

Travelling along a duel carriage way in the left lane, there's a junction to the right on a bend, motorbike pulls out the junction into my path.

Thankfully everyone walked away.

I know it's only a car but I'm gutted :(

Arctic Blue FF 182
That sucks, specially after you had done a few bits and pieces to it recently!

Hope you manage to get it sorted quickly. Guessing it's the bikes fault?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
At least the biker never died! That would scar you for life.

It will be back to looking good in no time i'm sure.

s**t, that sucks. All going through insurance I presume..?

It happens to us all, she'll be looking great again in no time!

That's very true Dan.

Although I'm glad neither me, the motorbike rider or his pillion were hurt, im gutted the car damaged because someone doesn't look properly or use their mirrors.

And you you Manc git can sod off ;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Ahh bugger Emma! Glad all involved are ok. Cars can be fixed and that looks like a fairly simple one.

If you need a cheap second hand front bumper PM Budgie or Sir_Dave. I know they definitely have one in Monaco, and if you want it painting Mondial let me know. I can get it done for not much money!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Surely it's not worth going through your insurance for this? - regardless of who's fault it is, it will bump your premium if you let your insurers know. I got wallopped by this when a truck went up my backend (opening myself up for banter there) when I was younger and although it was his fault, it classed me as a 'high risk driver' as I managed to 'get myself in that situation'! Pulling into my drive!

s**t, that sucks. All going through insurance I presume..?

It happens to us all, she'll be looking great again in no time!

Yeh insurance company are on the case. Car has been recovered by RASL and im assuming my insurance company will want to assess the damage asap.

That's a shame Emma :(

Is there any damage to the bonnet and wings?

Bonnet seems ok, wing will need spraying without a doubt.

Lucky u didnt kill him tbh could of been worse.

I know this. At least it's only a car and a motorbike that's broken and not people.

The motorbike is a write off without a doubt so can't really avoid getting the insurance involved

Im happy with that though tbh. Should come back as I'm not at fault, (witnesses), I know my premium will go up but hey, that's the way it is.

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Fair enough on going through insurance.

Glad nobody is seriously hurt.
Cars can be fixed (to a degree) :)

220 Trophy, EVO 8
What matters is that nobody was hurt!
The car doesn't look that bad. The light seems ok so you'll just need to replace the front bumper and spray it.

Seat Ibiza
Oh Em I'm gutted for you! Is a really shame, but like everyone has said, sure it will be looking brilliant in no time! :)

What matters is that nobody was hurt!
The car doesn't look that bad. The light seems ok so you'll just need to replace the front bumper and spray it.

Light has had it.

From looking at it yesterday it will need:- new bumper, new spliter, new fog light, new headlight, new archliner, and wing resprayed. I don't think the wing will need replacing but definitely needs spraying.

And I ache like mad today. Neck, shoulders and back are killing me :(

I hope to god its not Adam.

It would kill me to have to see it go :(

I think I would buy it back and repair it.

Jist uploading photos of the junction and skid marks etc and I'll chuck them up on here.

Listerine & Poledo
Almost 2 pages and blame hasn't even begun to get apportioned? Emma, you're doing well.
Unfortunate incident there, no mistake.

So here's the photos from the scene.

I was travelling in the left lane, the bike has come from the central reservation junction bit.

My first skid mark literally right opposite the junction

b962f435.jpg

The white line is where the bike skidded from down the road, so he hit me just before that line,

ba1f56f7.jpg

And where the car ended up

4f3f0b0c.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
I dont suppose you've got a google grid reference or something, bering Monday I'm struggling to picture the scene.

Of course, a Mace's impression would also work wonders.

I dont suppose you've got a google grid reference or something, bering Monday I'm struggling to picture the scene.

Of course, a Mace's impression would also work wonders.

1935c107.jpg

This is the road, I was turning left round the bend. Walford Cross From Taunton to north petherton on the A38 if you wanted to look yourself Goodj.

320d
Gutted for you. At least everybody was ok. It would be my worst nightmare to hit a biker, regardless of fault.

Hopefully the cup will be back to its best soon.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I can't see how you could be proportioned any amount of blame on that one Emma, although im sure they'll be people on here ready to argue the point!

If the insurance company give even the meerest hint of the words 'write' off' then PM Gally or myself. A write off should be at the bottom of a list of other options that should be considered first.

I can't see how you could be proportioned any amount of blame on that one Emma, although im sure they'll be people on here ready to argue the point!

If the insurance company give even the meerest hint of the words 'write' off' then PM Gally or myself. A write off should be at the bottom of a list of other options that should be considered first.

Thanks for the advice Ollie. Car should be on its way to a body shop today or tomorrow to be assessed. I'll let you know the outcome.

Why did the guy on the bike chop across in to the left hand lane? Were there any other vehicles in the right hand lane once he had pulled out?

No nothing Adam.

There was a guy in the left lane behind me but no one else coming round that bend in the right lane.

There were a good 20/30 seconds before another vehicle even come round the corner.

He seemed pretty panicked at the time straight after as his daughter had come off the bike and ended up behind the car so she nearly went under the wheels.

He shouted at me "what the hell were you doing" as he ran towards his daughter. To which I responded "you turned into me"

I asked if both were ok, then I called the police and kept my distance from them.

He came up to me just before the police left and seemed pretty humble by that point and asked if I was ok.

That was all we said to each other as the police sorted everything out.

Does seem strange. Suppose the instant reaction is to blame the other party which is probably what he was doing to you.

Did you see him pulling out of the junction? Or only when it was too late?

There were three bikes coming out that junction. Two sped off pretty quickly, the third hesitated for a second or two, I saw him pull out so I slammed my brakes and the horn on, which is where the first skid is, but it was too late and before I knew it he'd hit me.