ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup won't start??

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
I'm after some advice on to why my cup wont start?

I have striped the interier out at the weekend ready to sell and come to start the car and it is just turning over, will not start, bump ect........... I haven't touched anything electrical or cut any wires, the car was fine before i disconected the battery and stripped the car??

Could i have knocked the fuel off when taking out the rear seats, think the pump is near the rubber gaiter under the seat.

Help lol.

RB Cupped 182
under the bonnet by battery there should be a big red button press that a few times and try it. its the fuel cut switch for when the cars in an accident. may have knocked that?

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
under the bonnet by battery there should be a big red button press that a few times and try it. its the fuel cut switch for when the cars in an accident. may have knocked that?

Never seen or heard of the button???

Any pic's of where it is??

Lionel Richie
^not on a phs2, the big red button is phs1 only

lock/unlock the car on the plip a few times and then try

if not, check the voltage on the battery

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph

Damm.

Voltage is fine mate the car is turning over strongly. Seems as if the immobiliser is on!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

LOL really? tbh ive not looked on the 182. PMSL sorry. :(

Lionel Richie
you could've knocked the fuel pump loom connector off the sender, on damaged the loom

how stripped are we talking?

RB Cupped 182
mine did this but luckily i worked at renault so quick plug in and crank sensor fault. wiggle the wiring and va va voom!!! worth a try?

dont know if this will help but worth a try....

with my old car the battery died and needed replacing, when the time came it hadnt run for a while, RAC came out and checked the new battery > fine alternator etc.

what he did was put the car in ignition and leave it for a couple of minutes, came back, started and hey presto, 172 was back to life. something to do with the immobilizer but it worked, give it a go

Clio 172 Cup
Turn on the ignition with no interior you should hear the fuel pump wine for a few seconds then stop if you dony hear it wine then the pump may not be running at the bottom of the a pillar there is a connector which powers the fuel pump make sure that that connector is tight right near the accel pedal.

also see if you can hear the fuel/ignition relay click on when you turn the ignition on its the one under the bonnet right hand side near the fuse box has 2 white cables coming off it one for the fuel pump and one for the ignition coil.

also as above checj the crank sensor as that is well renowned for clio's not starting but unless you have been stripping down the engine i wouldn't think that that will be your isssue.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
as above, the connection between the front and rear loom at the bottom of the A piller. There is one for both sides

Clio 197 F1 No:494
i have the exact same problem in my 182, it doesnt start just keeps turning over

im told its the TBC sensor but it doesnt show up as faulty on diagnostic, so im kind of stuck without a car

Bumder With A Buffer
Try the earting points too. Djroberts on here had a right ball ache and it turned to be an earth strap under the brake fluid or something.

Does it turn over but not ignite?

Clio 172 Cup
Try the earting points too. Djroberts on here had a right ball ache and it turned to be an earth strap under the brake fluid or something.

Does it turn over but not ignite?

Good pointers here too as you may have removed a cable bolted to the chassis when removing the interior and it could affect any number of things not just starting too so make sure that any cables you disconnected from the chassis are put back

Clio 172 Cup
as above, the connection between the front and rear loom at the bottom of the A piller. There is one for both sides

also there sis a little earth starp connection just near this connector too and could be the 0V return for the fuel pump off the connector

cant remember without having a car in front of me

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
I have a orange light staying on the dash! It is a rectangle with a zigzag going through it??

It is the one below the fuel light.

What is it lol.

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
yeah should do

erm you tinkered with owt in the engine bay?

No mate, mabye somebody has took something off?
Bugging me, i know the engine runs perfectly ect.. and was only started two days ago!!

Since removing seats ect the light is on and is just turning over, but wont start??

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
i have the exact same problem in my 182, it doesnt start just keeps turning over

im told its the TBC sensor but it doesnt show up as faulty on diagnostic, so im kind of stuck without a car

Mine did this too one morning. Was just about to have it towed, and thought "f**k it," unplugged the TDC sensor, wiped it on my work clothes, plugged it back in and the car started first time.

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Mine did this too one morning. Was just about to have it towed, and thought "f**k it," unplugged the TDC sensor, wiped it on my work clothes, plugged it back in and the car started first time.

What is the tdc sensor? where is it, pics?

Lol.

ly 200, 172 cup
have u disconnected any earths in the car atol cause that could also stop the car from starting, ie any earths on the rear panels etc

the tdc sensor is underneath the airbox attached to the edge of the gearbox bellhousing I think, dont be lazy do a search