ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom exhaust abarth 500.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Longlife is a franchise isn't it? I guess it depends on which garage you use.

I know the one in Leeds is highly rated.

no its not, i have seen a couple of their exhausts fall to bits in months. including a de cat pipe i had made for my VTS ages ago. they got the bore size wrong and it rusted through within a year.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Longlife is a franchise isn't it? I guess it depends on which garage you use.

I know the one in Leeds is highly rated.

That's the one I used. £300 and the worst welding you've EVER seen. It lasted two months before the centre section split on the motorway, left the car and hit a truck behind me.

Disastra Coupe
The drive by video sounds a lot better. But it looks nice :)

Regard's Longlife i have no experience but people always call Powerflow, yet the exhaust they made for me on my Saxo was brilliant. Lasted nearly 4 years that i had it and is still going now without a single fault. As said, it depend's on the person making the exhaust... A bad workman blames his tool's and all that.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Yeh well the garage I used are known for good quality exhausts, I did do some research before I got it lol

And yeh but that was my old one Christopher..........this has the new map and other bits, it's quicker than a type R though I can 100% assure you of that ;)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
That's the one I used. £300 and the worst welding you've EVER seen. It lasted two months before the centre section split on the motorway, left the car and hit a truck behind me.

They did a decat pipe on my vec vxr which was ok but then again, it was a straight bit of pipe!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

3 loud bangs at the end <3

Last edited by a moderator:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
well I took the blow off valve filter off and made it standard so it didn't make that noise but I lost the bangs from the exhaust so I ended up keeping the 'ptshhhh' noise which is a bit gay but oh well its fantastically gay looking car.

Megane RS 250
This is with a 1446 turbo from a Grande Punto Abarth essesse, intercooler, full exhaust and remap (206 bhp, 320 nm):

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I think they suffer from the same issue as the Renaultsport Meganes... they just sound really dull.

Even in that Supersprint vid, it sounds like he's changing up at 3k. lol.

Still cool cars though.

Astra Twintop
Did your missus sleep with the exhaust fitter?

I've just been quoted £640 for a dual exit on my car!!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Lol such a nice system!! The B2B bypass exhaust looks good but retails at like 1300 quid lol

A friends dad had the first system BTB made on his 500 looks awesome build quality, that is where my money is going for my new exhaust thats for sure!

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
I think they suffer from the same issue as the Renaultsport Meganes... they just sound really dull.

One of the few things that are holding me off chopping my 182 for a r26, no noise whatsoever...

That does sound alright on the move mind mate !!

Turbos.
Yeah, really difficult to make a turbo car sound good from the outside. You can get some interesting noises inside though! I drove a 911 GT2 recently and it makes all sorts of whooshes and chatters as you changed gear, which was entertaining, but ultimately not as rewarding as the high-pitched crescendo a proper N/A engine will make.

Modified Evo's and similar cars make an interesting sort of sucking noise when they go past, like they are ripping the air. But not sure if i'd call it a nice noise... really you need something distinctive like a Impreza/RX7.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah. Malice's RX-7 sounds good because it's got some balls to back up to noise, as with Mk2 FRS' too.

That's a lot of noise for 160bhp.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Well I will be getting power figures end of next month when it gets on a rolling road and yeh it does sound like the paper ripping sound when it's on full chat, its bedding in nicely actually. The gunshot style bangs on gear changes are addictive! using a lot more fuel though :(

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
just for the haters and yes it was warmed before i did this......

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
First vid still sounds like a Diesel Tractor but it does sound better after sooting up a little compared with the older vids.

Would probably annoy me after 5 minutes right enough.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
It's silent in the car when driving it, only really gets loud when you put your foot down.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
A little OTT for me!

You'd hear that round the corner and expect a supercar, not a 500, LOL.