ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom Pro-Speed Exhaust System

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Oh yeah....just had it fitted today in Cardiff, by Charlie and the boys (I traveled from Brum!) I cant tell you how worth it it was!!

I got a full 2 1/4" system with sports cat back and stealth back box. He hee Im finding it hard to keep the grin off my face!!

It has tottally eliminated lift off deceleration and increased the pull through ALL the gears. This should compliment the GDI work nicely!!

Check out the pics of the work and the video of the SOUND!!

View attachment 3556

View attachment 3557

View attachment 3558

View attachment 3559

PH1 Oddy, M140i
I got a disscount cause im having about 3k worth of work done at GDi. It was Andy that recommended Charlie at Pro-speed. The exhaust was £535 all in.

cool, im off up to ProSpeed on the 14th...

what difference does the 2 1/4" system make, and what choices are there?

PH1 Oddy, M140i
2 1/4 is more than enough to push whatever power you are running through. 2 1/2" will clearly take more but the noise at just 2000rpm will deafen you!!!

Nice, but no what I needed!

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
2 1/4 has been holding me back since I topped 200 brake.

My next system (AWT) will be somewhere between 2.5 and 2.75 .... with minimal drone.

Nice system though, Charlie is great at what he does.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
rmccardal said:
2 1/4 has been holding me back since I topped 200 brake.

My next system (AWT) will be somewhere between 2.5 and 2.75 .... with minimal drone.

Nice system though, Charlie is great at what he does.

Cant disagree there, I have had 3 pro-speeds now...

the 2.25" is a little small for your engine now.... will be interesting to see what difference a larger bore makes.

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Surely a bigger bore than 2 1/4" is jusy gonna kill the ability to cruise at 80mph without having to shout at your passenger!!

Andy.....tell me a 2 1/4" will be good for the work im having done. I explained to Charlie what you were doing.

I too travelled from Bham to have the same exhaust fitted but without the sports cat. It sounds superb and as you say you can still cruise at 80mph and have a conversation.
Thoroughly recommended.

193 mk2
sorry to worry you m8 but jph172 bought a 2.25" bore exhaust from hayward & scott, who also make very good exhaust's and found it actually lost power not gained it. then he had them change it for a 2.5" & it gained power!!! pm him i'm sure he'll give you the low down!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Granted at the sort of level Ross is pitching, a carfully "tuned" exhaust will make a difference........ but he has different cams etc etc that all demand that little bit extra

browno

ClioSport Club Member
Will definitely vouch for the noise levels - I've got a 2.5" pro-speed, and although I'm now used to it, motorway cruising can get a bit tiresome!!!!
Still not fitted the de-cat either....

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
The drone can be just the same on the 2.25 bore, depends on silencers and where the y piece is.

i had 2 1/2 inch first but was mental - When giving it a balst it sounded wicked but at 70/80 on the motorway it was a nightmare - with the stereo right up could still hear the exhaust plainly - Charlie kindly changed it FOC

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I got mine from him too, great exhaust. I didn't get my catalyst changed though, maybe in future. Will the pro speed catalyst be ok in the MOT test, could be better as it's new?

Cheers, Rob669

Ph1
Anyone know if Pro-speed do off the shelf back box's for 172's ??

Would save a long treck down south then :)

Im sick of the weight of my Magnex back box plus i want a tailpipe thats a little more subtle.