ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

custom renault sport sills

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
ive won some renault sport sills on ebay recently and i should have them anyday now. I was thinking a good mod if it was done well would be to illuminate the renault sport lettering when the door opens.

My mums e class has this when the doors are open. The door sensors are already there on the clio, so you could wire some white lights like LED's or maybe even a tube light or something, wiring them to power on when the door open/closed sensor button is released.

I dont have my sills yet so i will need to look at them but i thought this could be done by cutting out the lettering, smoothing the cut edges of lettering,fastening perspex or film to the back, wiring in either
1. 6 to 8 small white leds using something white like paper to stick to the back of the sill and disperse the light evenly accross the lettering.
or
2. some other light which is a thin strip, anyone know of such a light.

Anyone got anything similiar, i wudnt know how to wire it up properly but what r ur opinions. If done well i think it could look good. wd b lot of wrk tho.

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
lets have some opinions, here is the only pic i cud find of the mercedes illuminated sills.

e-class_doorsills_88x58.jpg

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
ye, so opinions on the sills plz? paper thin white lights are available but i think they only run on a/c, an1 else got any ideas??

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Yes true, I doubt i would attempt wiring it up myself. Im just looking at the mercedes parts used to illuminate the sills, way too expensive tho. Worse than the Renault parts department. There must be some kind of light i can find that would work, just a paper thin illuminated film will suffice. Anyone work in the electrical industry know of anything suitable?