ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CustomClio Rebuild '07. Ideas?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I've been looking at a new car for the passed few months (Astra coupe/Cab, ofa Golf Gti 180) But now I'm considering re doing my car again, Its not in a state to sell at the moment, So I'm thinking of just living the dream and finishing it once and for all. I've got a daily driver now, So can be a bit more outrageous, but I've got plans for interior (Cream Leather with Liquid yellow fibreglass paneling) a 172 engine and ICE, so lets leave that for the time being, I'm concerntrating on the exterior again.

For pics look here:
http://www.modified-clios.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16

I'm Considering:

New Bigger wheels probably 19"
Colour Respray - Unsure, quite like the one at moment, But considering liquid yellow.
Rear Light transplant (custom after burners????)
Airbags or Decent Coilovers, I know it still wont perform too well on 19s
182 Cup Spoiler
De wiper
Twin exit exhaust

You are going to call me chav but I also want a Front Mount Intercooler mounted up, but not plumbed in (cant afford the turbo :() Purely for astetic reasons.

However, In terms of bodywork, I dont know if I'm wasting my money/time changing the bumpers etc etc. I'd like to have wide arches, But I've never really seen a Clio they work on. I like the front end, Teh back has never looked right, looks kinda naked. Im looking at Either Konig Tuner 2 Rims or Something like an 19" Anthracite OZ Ultralegra? I dont like the back end, But i think the ideas above will really clean that up?

I know its my car, And I Should be making these decision, I just think cant really think of anything, any ideas?

Thanks

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Flared arches, airbags, liquid yellow would be ace. maybe some different bumpers, a bit less holes in the bumper?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Flared arches, airbags, liquid yellow would be ace. maybe some different bumpers, a bit less holes in the bumper?

Like said, Flared arches dont really work, I think bigger rims will really change the lookj of the arches.

Like the front end, was going to re do it, but then i though, it works so.

Its the rear end i'm concerntrating on. Maybe relocate the fuel filler, Rear light transplant and paint diffuser black!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Sounds like a good, plan deffinetly needs a cup spoiler, rear does look kind of strange. The black diffuser could look good, thats an easy photoshop though. Interior sounds good aswell.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
DSC01110.gif

Hmm, take the diagonal line at the bottom of the grills on the front bumper to a flared arch, following the line to the top of you're sideskirt. the where the back of the door goes bring it up to a slightly flared arch. Not got a pic of teh back so dont know how to finish it.

Chocolate Bar™
looks good as it is in my opinion and changing lights etc will no doubt ruin it. dont even think of going for a FMIC without a turbo as its just wrong. sorry, but i just had to say that lol

so finish off any imperfections, finish the interior if need be, drop an engine in, enjoy it and have done.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
LOL true about the Front mount.

I dont know, Thing is I get all into the new standard car thingy, then I drive my Clio, Its just a weird feeling. EVERYTHING I said in my other thread is 100% true and any honest person with a modified car will/should agree. BUT its jus tso much of a buzz seeing your cars work in progress.

ahh i dunno anymore lol!

Meg on pistonheads £6995
beautiful finish, but a 'real' 172/182 and spend the few grand on insurance would be my choice!

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
try something really different from the conventional what everyone else does.

maybe think of a euro look?

or something unique like a hotrod styled clio. if you put the right thought into it it could work.... matt black paint, classic hotrod pinstripes and some chrome pipe exhausts.

brainstorm absolutely anything and go from there.