ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cutting fog surrounds

My campus has blanked fog lights. Im going to order some lamps but does anyone know if i can just cut the circle out of the blank and put them in? Or do i need to order one that has always had the cutout for a lamp. Ive nicked this picture from ebay. Its off a mk 3 but you get the idea (i hope)
image.jpg

Cheers

RenaultSport 172
If you cut the circle out, how would the fog light attach to the blank? You probably need the correct part I would imagine

After taking the bumper off the mounts were already there behind the blank. So mounted the lights and removed the trim.
To cut the hole out i followed the outside of the circle drilling lots of little holes. I then joined these up with a knife.
image.jpg
After filing and sanding them down to a finished shape the parts that had been cut had a slight discolouration. Autoglym bumper care sorted this out. Then just popped them back in. Haven't got round to wiring them up yet ( doubt i will tbh)
image.jpg

image.jpg

Hope this helps pal