ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cutting my knob off (with pics!)

Clio mk1. I've cut the black foam knob off with a penknife and a yellowing piece of plastic sits on top. Does a new gearknob sit on this, or do I have to remove it to?

If I have to remove the plastic bit, how do I do it without 'king up the gears?!
I understand they're superglued on?

Attachments

• gearknob.jpg
    gearknob.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 118
at a guess, i'd say that the yellow bit you've got left there was a part of the gearknob. they usually twist off although it might be extremely stiff - have you tried that?

Megane 225
2 pair Vice grips, 1 on the gear stick and 1 on wot's left of ur knob and twist/pull till it comes off!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
well... u could of saved yourself a bit of bother by cutting from underneath... my old one used to just pull off because the plastic/foam collar that held it on was all broken.

RS RIP
heat it up a bit with hairblower or something in the matter... just read Fred Yozza recommended this in other thread