ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cutting out

54 astravan 1.7tdci

my 03 1.2 16v, cut out twice last week. this was when the car was cold with a heavy load on the electrics. the weather was damp. it happened when throttling off for a junction. has anyone else had this happen?

same has happened to me! ive got an 03 1.2 16v, turning the engine on, and some times she cuts out, not had foot on clutch or accelerator and it wasnt in gear!!! lol!

320d M Sport

yep, cuts out at 2200 RPM, if u keep doing it the emissions warning light comes on, mine did it joining a motorway this week.

Another reason for me to get a CTR methinks.......

Stanced Honda S2000

mine duz it, its only just started tho, cold weather i guess. thought it cud be to do with induction kit or summat but odviously not. 52 plater here! im not posh enuf for an 03 plate, just covered my 52 with my private ones . cheeky.

320d M Sport

i dont reckon its the weather.... dont know what it is but last year was FAR colder then this year and its never done it before now.

It mite not be the weather guys, take your motors to your dealers and they will sit it on their diagnostic comp thingys and it shud sort it all out, mine used to do the same thing until i took mine in, hasnt done it since. Mine used to happen wen changing gear on the motorway, i think they just reload the softwear on your ecu (maybe?!:confused:) Although mine did start after i fitted my induction kit