ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cutting up the bonnet release cable bung

Hi Guys,

Im fitting an amp to my car and have managed to get the power through the foot well and into the engine bay thanks to the info found on here, now the only problem im having is getting my 4 gauge cable through the actual rubber bung. for now i just left it and have the cable going through the hole in the firewall.

Trouble is im working in the foot well with limited space and i just cant get my hands up there to cut the bung up nicely and i cant pull it out of the car either. I have tried poking a coat hanger through it and a small screw driver but the rubber is too tight so have given up for now...

Just after some ideas as i have to make a fairly reasonable sized hole to fit the 4 gauge through it and i just cant seem to cut the thing up!

Ph1 172 + Combo van
i pulled mine out into the foot well. bent it down enough to get a stanley knife on it. Made two small slits in the shape of a cross and 4 gauge went through it fine.

AlexG:

did you pull apart the kick panel and take the handle off the bonnet release to free up the bonnet release cable in the foot well? have been told to try this as it will give me more leaverage to pull the grommet away from the firewall