ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CV Boot

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Noticed loads of grease on my alloy on the drivers side so took it off to investigate. it appears the seal on one side of the CV boot is missing and hence the grease is leaking out.

in situation like this, is it better to just replace the CV boot altogether rather than trying to seal it up again?

how much should i expect to pay for a new CV boot and fitting?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If the boots not ripped repack with grease and get another clip fitted . Its quite a common problem for the clip to snap .

yeah this seems common at my work for clios, if there not ripped/shreaded/got holes in, pack with a bit black grease and reaseal using the correct clip

Mustang, S13, AX GT
That sounds about right from when mine went. sometimes the cost is same/about £5 difference to just replace the boot pending on where you go.

RB 182 cup,astra sri
im getting charge £40 all in for it being fixed. not sure if they are going to replace or fx it though