ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CV Boot

clio 182 black /gold
Are these easy to fit? Also how much would a garage charge to fit one? Regards Lee. I ask as my driverside has come off again.

Megane 265 Cup
Do you need a new boot or just it just need put back on? If theres no holes in it just get some cv grease in there and a new clip put on it...not hard to do.

clio 182 black /gold
Do you need a new boot or just it just need put back on? If theres no holes in it just get some cv grease in there and a new clip put on it...not hard to do.
This is the third time it has come off. I thought if it has been loose it could have rubbed and worn out. I will try that 1st. Thanks.

Megane 265 Cup
If the boot isn't torn or ripped etc you really wouldn't need to change it, it just need clipped on really tight, a decent metal clip and fill it up well with cv grease.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
mine had clip that came off a year and a half a go after a long trip - jubilee clip and been fine since,

saturday just gone i had the same on the passenger side - been to work today and seems to be doing the job

garage wanted 15.00 for putting a jubilee clip on, 1.20 bargain!!!!!!!!!! :) just clip it on sure it will be fine

mine both have jubilee clips on them now

clio 182 black /gold
The CV boot had a metal clip put on by NW performance last March.It maybe loose. I will look tomoz. Will normal grease do or does it have to be CV grease?

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
you can buy some cv greese - ill get told off as i never have on any of them, as ive managed to catch them before they have lost much greese, just make sure it doesnt fowl on the caliper, like i say garage i spoke to on saturday didnt think it sounded amazing, then i told him the other side had been fine for almost 2 years and he said ok then, all seems ok for me, and a lot of people on here! 15 mins messy job :)

Megane 265 Cup
You need CV grease mate, best do the job right, you don't want parts wearing....you can get a tub of it for £5 or so anyway thats how much I paid last time, easy job to do.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
saturday after guessing and prevously having to cut one down, i would say about 6" not to big

clio 182 black /gold
450px-Thank_you.jpg

Ana

Clio 182 Sport
mine had clip that came off a year and a half a go after a long trip - jubilee clip and been fine since,

saturday just gone i had the same on the passenger side - been to work today and seems to be doing the job

garage wanted 15.00 for putting a jubilee clip on, 1.20 bargain!!!!!!!!!! :) just clip it on sure it will be fine

mine both have jubilee clips on them now

What size jubilee clips are they? mine have done the same several times and am sick of being charged a small fortune t refit them

Thanks

Ana