ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cya later clio!

Engles Mummy

Was behind me my dad on the m25, around 5ish, between jct 25/26 brentwood turn off. He pulled behind us in the fast lane and got right up our arse, dad put his foot down and in a few seconds the clio 172/182 was a dot in the distance lol.

I doubt anyone would own up to it, but still who ever it was...dont try it on with S600 v12! silly little car lol

Cheers, Adam

Quote: Originally posted by Subway on 23 May 2005
Was behind me my dad on the m25, around 5ish, between jct 25/26 brentwood turn off. He pulled behind us in the fast lane and got right up our arse, dad put his foot down and in a few seconds the clio 172/182 was a dot in the distance lol.I doubt anyone would own up to it, but still who ever it was...dont try it on with S600 v12! silly little car lolCheers, Adam

Someones got to own up....Well see how the 1 ton of lard handles round the track! :devilish:

Engles Mummy

2 ton actually, and it would still own a standard clio 172/182/cup. Dont under underestimate the handling of this car lol

adam

ST

Quote: Originally posted by Subway on 24 May 2005

2 ton actually, and it would still own a standard clio 172/182/cup. Dont under underestimate the handling of this car lol

adam
Nah the big merc would get a royal spankin from a 172/cup etc round a track!

Engles Mummy

Yes, because i am so proud of myself beating a car with an engine 3x smaller then what i was in. I think its funny how some people try it on with a car they know would destroy them, nothing about being proud.

H22A7 Accord Type R

ever think maybe he was trying to get your dad to give it some............to see how it went???? Aye.......didnt think so...............

ST

Yes, because i am so proud of myself beating a car with an engine 3x smaller then what i was in. I think its funny how some people try it on with a car they know would destroy them, nothing about being proud.
Mate i thinks you may have a problem with your nose ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 24 May 2005

Mate i thinks you may have a problem with your nose ;)
LOL. Ur old man must b sad for even tryin then! The 172 would DESTROY the merc anyday of the wk, anywhere! Lol, This is how a foreign website descrives the s600...Still think it could out handle a 172?

JUMBO JET…
Génération après génération, Mercedes tient à conserver ses traditions de confort, finition et robustesse, mais y ajoute en plus régulièrement du sport et de la performance. Sur la classe S, restylée depuis un an, quelques améliorations de choix sont venues agrémenter la gamme. Cest notamment le cas de la S600 et son nouveau V12 diabolique

how about.... ur old man was driving at 50 in the fast lane... mr 182 is saying hurry the f**k up!!! ur old man puts the boot down to 100 and mr 182 isnt even interested in a challenge?

tho the merc would be faster.... if the clio driver had put the foot down there wouldnt have been THAT big a gap imo.

Engles Mummy

Some stats of the cars

182 - bhp/182 | 0-60/6.9 | Top speed/139mph

S600 bi turbo - bhp/500 | 0-60/4.6 | top speed/155mph (limited)

Says a little bit about the two cars, there will probably be more complaining as usual but all i have to say is, those who think a 172/182 could beat this car round a track are idiots, even a v6 would have hard time keeping up. You lot make out the 172/182 are f**king the best, but compared to real sports car they are f**king sh*t lol

I love both cars and have been in both when they have been thrashed, the merc keeps your right to your seat all the time and handles so well round corners you wouldnt even believe.

But I see there is no chance of getting through to the Clio zombies!

Cheers, Adam

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Yeah, but what you dont understand is that there is NO OTHER car that is faster than a 182 for the same money. We dont all have money to burn on expensive cars, but if i did and i wanted a performance car, an S600 would be very far down the list.

I see from your profile YOU drive a 1.2 clio. Most people on this site would pull away from you at a much faster rate than your dad would pull away from a 182.

tiTTy & SV650

muahaha dont come on cliosport and call a clio a silly little car particularly if u drive a 1.2 and are sl*gging a 2.0

i hope when youre old enough daddy buys you a yaris T sport

Engles Mummy

What’s this got to do with my car? Did I say anything about my car? No I didn’t, so wtf has it have to do with this topic about - s600 beating a 172/182.

I am not sl*gging off a 2.0 you morons, I am simply stating the fact that they are not as fast as you hope they are.

Try reading what I put, instead of making your own assumptions of what I "didnt" write.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: white; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">What’s this got to do with my car? Did I say anything about my car? No I didn’t, so wtf has it have to do with this topic about - s600 beating a 172/182. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></PAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: white; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I am not sl*gging off a 2.0 you morons, I am simply stating the fact that they are not as fast as you hope they are.<o:p></o:p></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: white; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Try reading what I put, instead of making your own assumptions of what I "didnt" write.<o:p></o:p></SPAN><P class=Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"></SPAN>

Remind me again how much an S600 V12 is??

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

A S600 would own any clio around any track! lol Except maybe a cup...PMSL

[Edited by Martin. on 24 May 2005 at 11:03pm]

Lol @ this thread...I had a feeling it might end this way looking at it yesterday, surprised its taken this long tbh!

Hate to say this but I recon the S 60 would win a Clio on the track (maybe Nicks and a few other excepted). However there different cars a S600 owners not after the same thing as Clio drivers.

Anyway a S600 is a fast big car its no sports car sports cars are 911s elises etc not a car loaded with toys IMO.

What did you expect though posting how much faster a S600 was against a 172 etc then saying its a better car in all respects. We wernt likly to bow down to a superier car were we? Anyway you pay for what you get an S600 looses the same in one year as a 182 costs.

based on the car weighing 4610kg - googled......

i work that to be something like 107bhp/ton... whats the clio 160bhp/ton or something? tho im b****cks at maths...

i have no idea whats faster tho id rather have 8 clios! :D

[Edited by bigbri182 on 24 May 2005 at 11:37pm]

2135kg it weights.
Those 600 make more power than they claim I belive due to some unofficial rule about wanting the 600 owners not to feel short changed by the 55s.
Its a limo though isnt it? After all thats what the L stands for.

Titanium ph1 turbo

hey Adam/Subway..

Just wanted to say I think your post is a bit egotistical of you, but if you want to come on here and go "My dads car > your sh*tty cars" ... then how about this..

my dads WR1 > your dads s600

my 172 cup / 5 gt-turbo / girlfriends 1.4 citroen c3 / mums corsa 1.2 / neighbours kids bike > your 1.2 dynamique

There you go... smoked in both instances!!

Feel free to go compare the specs, im pretty sure both my claims would hold up no problem. ;-)... and its not that that every time im in the car with my dad and he burns someone off who might have tried to overtake I go searching the car owners club forums so I can make a post about it and go "LOL, YOUR CARS ARE sh*t BECAUSE MY DADS CAR IS FASTER!!"... get a life imo!..

Judging purely from your posts, writing standards, and the fact you drive a 1.2, Im guessing you are no older than 19 which might excuse your behaviour being an adolescent, however if you are more than 20 then you have life issues which need to be resolved in order to have a successful and happy life. We pity you, not dislike you for your actions, it gives us something to look to in our own lifes and thank fate we didnt end up like the example presented here in the form of yourself !! :p

http://www.asfw91.dsl.pipex.com/smoked.JPG

[Edited by chris79 on 5/25/2005 2:37:17 AM]

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Subway on 23 May 2005

I doubt anyone would own up to it, but still who ever it was...dont try it on with S600 v12! silly little car lol
Unless the clio behind was j3neds Clio 1.2 TT :devilish:

No idea why this has fired off like it has? His dad drove faster than the clio behind him. Is it worth the but it would beat it on a track or for the price its better "arguements"?

Btw, my dads harder than your dad

Punto/Clio GTT

this merc costs sh*tloads more than a clio would, i aint suprised it pulled away, is anyone? nope.

around a track im sure the clio would have a much better chance and wouldnt lose so much ground but.. would still get a spankin.

but whats there to be ashamed of? why do cliosport owners have to defend their cars to infinity and always try to make it sound like their car is superior in some way, i find it pretty funny when one of these threads come up the lengths that people will goto to try n say theyre car is better lol

soz to keep this thread going but its a good discussion about which is better round a track tho lol... if you forget the crap....

the stig took the 182 round the test track in 1.33.8 in 2004 episode 6... the SL55 AMG was 1.33.4 (2004) so based on the top gear track i think the 182 would be competitive against a s600 limo

Clio Phase II 16V

If you think about it, the Clio was probably wanting to get somewhere and decided to drive over the speed limit, thus wanting your dad to move hes car over to let him past.

The fact that your dad floored it to leave the clio for dead proved nothing other than to give him satsafaction that he can drive faster.

Do yourself a favour, if he wants to race then tell him to use a track in a controlled enviroment where there are people to pick up the pieces if he crashes.

I suggest if you all wanna prove who can drive, book a karting track for the day and thrash it out between you all!