ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cylinder head removal???!!!

My loacal garage removed the cylinder head to replace a pas pipe and adjust the engine mounting, there ws no need for this at all! They didn't replcae the bolts or head gasket! What problems am I likely to encounter now? Sholud I demand they replace the gasket, bolts and cambelt??? Is it my word against theirs?

Half stripped mk2 172
Why on earth did he take the head out for a passage pipe? Is he insane or what? My advise would be to get yourself a headgasket set and change it, inluding headbolts, unless you have arp bolts on that is.

Vince

Should usea new gasket, and the headbolts are designed to stretch when you torque them up, they MUST be replaced.

I woudl make him replace gaskets etc and i woudln't have paid for it, ABSOLOUTLY unnecessary, report the c**t to trading standards for ripping you off

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
which p/s pipe did they replace? i know that engine bay is tight, but i see no reason to remove the cyl head to change a pipe!
are you sure they did'nt just take off the inlet manifold? (to gain a little room)

The pipe replaced was a return pipe for the pas, cost about £70 from Renault. They definitely removed the cylinder head as the piston chambers were stuffed with rags when I called to see how they were progressing, they even told my they had to remove the cylinder head, alothough they are denying it point blank now?!!!

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
i'll have a look at mine tomorrow (its stripped at the mo. 'cos of a different prob :( )
and i'll see what it takes to remove that pipe

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
point of fact though, if you remove the cyl. head you replace the gasket, bolts and timing belt as part of the job
incidentally, how much did they charge you ??

They charged me 1.5 hrs labour plus approx £70 for the pipe. There's no way they replaced the gasket and bolts for what they charged. Unless they did and didn't tell not to lool like dicks!

I don't know but the cylinder head was definitely off! They haven't charged me for all their extra work, so it's their loss in some respects, however, if they didn't change the cambelt, gasket, bolts it could be a serious loss for me!