ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D5000 lens compatibility

Ok so I'm having issues finding lenses that will fit my nikon d5000, I've been looking at the 50mm f/1.4 and I am unsure wether the auto-focus will work, I saw that the 50mm f/1.8 won't auto-focus and wondering if the f/1.4 is the same? I've tried google but couldn't come up with anything to put my mind at ease? Also has anybody got any tips on what to look out for when buying lenses to make sure they with fit/AF on my d5000? Thank you

lift number 1 @ btm
I'm pretty sure you need the af-s lenses for the 5000, the 50 1.4 is available with and without.
a lot of people seem to go for the 35mm as it's a good bit cheaper and works out to be close to 50mm when you allow for the crop factor.

On jessops web site it states it been AF is this the same AF-S it's the only one available no options for AF-S? So the 35mm will come with auto-focusing for my d5000 yes? Thank you