ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D7F diet stuttering/rough

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Over the last week i've noticed some stuttering under acceleration. It's hard to describe - feels like the power is cut for fractions of a second and then comes back and also a bit like 'kangarooing'.
Seems to be mainly from cold and is intermittent.

Car was serviced in Feb, with a new cat fitted too.

What are the most likely causes?
Spark plugs?
o2 sensors?

Marcus

Is it like you put your foot down and theres no power, then the power comes back all of a sudden?

Mines sometimes does it but only on extrmely cold mornings.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Not exactly...

I put my foot down and everything is fine, but then it will cut out for a fraction of a second then come back, then cut out again and come back. After a couple of seconds it'll return to normal. Revs don't seem to affect it.

Definitely not normal. It never did it before last week :S

Clio 172 Cup
Mine did this!! Mines a 1.2 grande, it was like the power was being cut then turned back on but it also cut out too. Mine was the air mass sensor in the end. The service warning light was on too, it stayed on after a couple of days after being repaired but was warned this would happen as it would take a while for car to recognise new sensor apparently? After that was fine! Until now, immobliser problems!! http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=318849 please help!!!! :)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I've had no warning lights though.

Did you take it to Renault? How much was the fix?

Sorry i don't know how to help with your immobiliser problem. Hopefully someone with knowledge will get back to you.

Clio 172 Cup
No i took mine to a very reliable small garage where i live. I cant remember if it actually came up with the error code when plugged in. Cost £145.00 for me, part was £95 i think? Hope this helps mate.

Mine done the same sort of thing ..it was the o2 sensor beforethe cat...but I would get it on the diagnostic machine if it was me.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the replies. Looks like i might have to take it in to the garage then..