ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dacia Logan Turbo Project

Dacia Logan 1.6 16v
This is my 2006 Dacia Logan. All the underpinnings of the car are pretty much Clio 2, so I guess it's not that far from the theme of the forum. Mine has the 1.6 16v k4m engine which seems to be a pretty good base for tuning judging from what I've seen around here :)

TSigC.jpg

9sQwb.jpg

93reh.jpg

HDo2i.jpg

XUZs5.jpg

eVBvl.jpg

Suspension:
-"trimmed" ;) H&R -45mm springs
-reworked stock shocks, 25% stiffer.
The H&R springs are probably the only springs that than bring the awful stance of the standard Logan down enough for it to look good. Despite the ratings, the car dropped 55mm up front and 65mm at the rear. This still wasn't enough though, so I chopped one coil form each spring.
I'm probably researching getting some Clio 2 coilovers and adapting them to the Logan. The front ones should be a direct fit as the car uses the same 58mm struts as the Clio, the only difference is the shape of the rear springs. Never got a chance to measure them and see if the springs will fit though.

Wheels:
-Enkei RPF-1 17x7 ET 43 with 25mm spacers / front and 35 mm flange / back
-Toyo T1-R 205/40 R17 tires
-stud conversion
Another problem with the stance of the car is the fact that this car is wider overall than the Clio 2, but uses the same rear axle. This coupled with standard ET50 wheels means the car looked like an elephant on skates.

Brakes:
-Brembo Max 259mm vented disc / front
Used to have some EBC Greenstuff, now I'm back to some Ferodo standard pads.

Engine:
-K&N box filter
-remap

Body:
-Logan MCV front bumper
-Opel Astra G lip[/QUOTE]

The car is getting ready for a major rebuild.
On the engine side, I've got Iapel low compression pistons and TFC forged rods and a Garrett GT25 and a MegaSquirt ECU. At the moment I'm searching locally for a good shop that will be able to build a turbo manifold and a metal intake manifold. I've yet to buy an intercooler, air, water and oil piping so I'm still probably a couple of weeks away from actually starting the build.
Transmission-wise, I'll switch to a Sachs setup that should handle the power. Hopefully the gearbox will hold up, although I think it might need strengthening.
The current botched-up suspension job will most likely get replaced with some coil-overs. Still looking into options in this area.
Last but not least are the brakes, I'm looking to fit Clio 2 RS brakes.

My target is to build the most powerful stock engined Logan ever :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol! What a strange car.

If you were looking for a 4 door car would you really buy a Dacia anything?

Turbos.
Nice job! Any car can look as long as it has some decent arches like the Logan.

Quite funny how this dude has proper Enkeis and the fags on this forum make do with Rotas, LOL.

Could you have not got staggered fitment on the wheels, i.e. wider at the back? Anyway, certainly go for coilvers over chopped springs! Could do with going a bit lower...

Going to de-badge the front grille? The Dacia logo is massive!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Personally, I think that looks great :eek:

K4M Turbo sounds cool, will be interesting to see how this develops.

Dacia Logan 1.6 16v
Needs the chrome from the front bumper removing though. not keen on that.

True that! The car needs a full respray anyway, the paint has seen a lot of abuse over the years so debadging and removing the "chrome" will be done then.

Flol! What a strange car.

If you were looking for a 4 door car would you really buy a Dacia anything?

For once, it's a damn good bang for the buck. Mine was 10.000E, the top of the line model. Aircon, leather steering and shifter, mp3, electric windows and mirrors, a decent engine, enough room for 5 full-sized adults and a huuuge boot.
You can get a second hand one just like mine for about 6000 euros.

Could you have not got staggered fitment on the wheels, i.e. wider at the back? Anyway, certainly go for coilvers over chopped springs! Could do with going a bit lower...
Going to de-badge the front grille? The Dacia logo is massive!

17" RPF1s are only made as 7" wide for 4x100 fitment :(
I could have gone with 16x8 for the same price and weight, but for some reason I didn't. I kinda regret it now.
And yes, it's not low enough ;)

I hate the size of that logo, but Renault seems to like it, the made the one for the facelifted version even bigger. Looks like a damn bottle opener now! It's hideous! :banghead:
dacia_logo.jpg

Quite funny how this dude has proper Enkeis and the fags on this forum make do with Rotas, LOL.

Da troof!

Good effort, not the prettiest of cars but it looks improved a fair bit. Could do with a less garish front grill and smaller badge to help its cause.

Dacia Logan 1.6 16v
Finally got around to removing those ghastly chromed grill pieces.

Now on to bigger things, I'm currently searching for a steel turbo exhaust manifold from a SR20DET Nissan engine. I plan on cutting the engine-side flange and replacing it with a K4M tailored one. Also looking for intake manifold options....

DSC_0743_web.jpgDSC_0744_web.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
are you wanting a stock cast sr20det manifold or do you want a stainless one?? i might know of both that can be had pretty cheap... if you just want a stainless one and you are modding it, get one off ebay...

Si

RS Clio 172
I am in love with this car and want one. NOW.

Also, are you English? Your English is better than 97.8% of people in this country.

Turbos.
Looks purposeful! I would go for a badgeless grille though, not because you should be ashamed, but the badge is massive!

Dacia Logan 1.6 16v
Thanks for all the kind words people! :D

are you wanting a stock cast sr20det manifold or do you want a stainless one?? i might know of both that can be had pretty cheap... if you just want a stainless one and you are modding it, get one off ebay...

The stainless steel would be the one I'm after. I need to cut and weld an adapter to it so cast is a no no :) Also, ebay FTW!

I am in love with this car and want one. NOW.

Also, are you English? Your English is better than 97.8% of people in this country.

I have no idea why Renault would not sell Dacias in the UK. Seems like a no-brainer really! Actually, there were spy pictures of a RHD prototype Logan, but no production model :(
And to answer your question, I'm not English, I just studied the language since primary school and watched a lot of Cartoon Network. I also get to use it daily at work, that helped loads too

Looks purposeful! I would go for a badgeless grille though, not because you should be ashamed, but the badge is massive!

Might do that, not 100% convinced of the result even though I've seen it on a bunch of Logans...

As for mods, I'm waiting for cliospares to ship me some MK2 RS brakes so I can get rid of those rear drums and I'm researching weather or not I could use Clio 2 coilovers. Judging from the KW technical spec docs, the front coilovers are identical on the two cars, the only difference being the length of the rear spring.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I to not only love this car but want one also... been saying that I want to F4R one ever since I saw the Logon S2000 version:

This:

renault%20logan%20S2000.jpg

Doing this:

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 172 ph2
Best romanian car ! Unfortunately this is a low cost car on wich we will never see an engine bigger than the K4M , not even the K4M RS :( from Renault . As far as I know , in Germany there is one with the F4R engine
Dacia-Logan-2-0-RS-200-cv-2007.jpg

The RHD model is a car made in India by the Mahindra factory , named Mahindra Logan .In other countries it is produced by nissan with the name Nissan Aprio or Renault Logan . Sadly this year , or the 2013 will be the last year for producing this car .Maybe we will see a "farewell " edition from the Dacia with a F4R engine or at least the K4M RS :D
Mick , I believe that you didn`t saw the Dacia Duster for pikes peak competition with the GT-R engine :))

Last edited:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Oh I saw that beast of a Duster to - now that moved!

I went to see a Polish LHD Logan with a view to buying it but the guy wanted silly money for it and wouldn't budge so walked away. I will have one though and it will be F4R'd. I've even spoken to R-UK about parts and they can be sourced... Including the Romanian Police decal set :)

Mk5 golf gti
f**king hell that is cool as fap :)

i want one.

also Lol@ cartoon network, dexters lab is where i learnt most of my english too :p

Mk5 golf gti
also is that taxi thing on stilits 2 cars down, even has some one in the back and its mega high :eek:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
f**king hell that is cool as fap :)

i want one.

also Lol@ cartoon network, dexters lab is where i learnt most of my english too :p
#

thats back on CN these days too! monday at 4 o clock :p

suprised at you wanting one of these mick, get that 19 finished first :p

Haha this is so cool!

...as is the rally spec one above in Mick's vid!

Chopped springs on standard shocks though?!