ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daily runner, valver or williams clio

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
I'm thinking of buying a valver or williams clio but can't decide wether it's worth it to pay the extra for the williams. i.e about an extra grand or so for a second daily driver.

I'm looking for one as i want a second car to run round in and save the scooby for a weekend toy as it's killing me in fuel and the car only does short runs in the week.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Get a cheap valver....sub 1k... not worth spending on a williams for a run about. Make sure you buy a good one or you will be spending money and/or getting your hands dirty regularly.

S2000
I've not driven a williams but by all account they area much nicer drive. The 2.0 has a lot more low down torque and they also come with a wider track than a valver as standard. Whether it's worth the extra money when it's just a runaround though is really your choice - best bet would probably be to try driving both. You can get some rediculously cheap williams these days anyway.

A well looked after reasonable mileage valver for that money would probably do you proud, a cheap williams is like buying a cheap suit...

williams and trophy
lol.. jus took the mrs' dci to oxford n back.cost the same in £s in juice to get there as it would have in the williams....and id have got there a damn sight quicker and without the backache in the williams to boot. ;)

the willy can be a bit pricier to buy/maintain than a valver, but its worth it imo. for a 2nd car tho, a valver can be had cheap, dont cost too much to run ins etc, and are a load of fun. if u get a williams ...dont think itd be long b4 the scoob was goin up for sale tho ;)

Mini/Willy 2
Not worth buying a cheap Willy at all - my one was 4k but well worth it as condition is amazing. My 1st one was a cheap one & I paid for it dearly !
Jaine

williams and trophy
i dunno..bargains can be had.

i paid 5400 for my 1st one...no. 0159 nigh on 6 years ago....ws worth evry penny too, is still one of the cleanest around.

tne last one i bought, no. 0051, cost me £800, sold the trim and a few other bits, got the rear arch sorted out, stuck it thru an mot an jobs a good un. stands me at less than i paid for it now really.(after selling certain items from it)

mind u......this one will be used as my track car