ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Dan 1.4 Pearly Non Sport

Iceberg 172
Hey guys,

Here is my 1.4 16v Dynamique, it has 54,000 miles on the clock and I got it for a good price.

I've just had it color coded, including mirrors, door handles, side strips, front bumper inserts, bullets, rear 172 bumper.

The plans I have for it are:

- New Alloys ( which alloys? )
- Induction kit ( I know, I know, don't do it! )
- Lowering springs ( Which springs? How much by? is it hard to do yourself?)
- New tyres ( Which tyres? can you feel the difference with a good set of tyres?)
- Wheel spacers ( Are these worth it? )

Suggestions and comments welcome :) Pics below

Dealers pictures:
renault-clio-hatchback-1-4-16v-dynamique-3dr-133289686-640x480.jpg
renault-clio-hatchback-1-4-16v-dynamique-3dr-133289692-640x480.jpg
Pictures after color code(bad quality sorry!):
IMG_0314.jpg
IMG_0315.jpg
IMG_0319.jpg

​-Dan

Edition 30
Alloys, springs and RS grille would be my first choices.

Wouldn't bother with induction or spacers.

Check the tyre section on here for tyre choices (I use Proxes T-1R's).

Edition 30
I got mine fitted but it was mates rates.

They are easy enough if you know a thing or two.

Apex springs are cheap but people say they give you a hard ride, I've got them on mine and they aren't that bad.

​OZ F1's or the 172/182 wheels always look good on a non-sport.

Clio 1.5 dci
I may be wrong but didn't all the dynamics come with pre colour coded wing mirrors as standard? It's defiantly a dynamic mind because of the alloys and the fogs

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Rokkor coilovers! Best £120 I spent on my old car, then sold them on for a similar price :)

rs grill
rota grid alloys?
cup spoiler
Win

...all of those you can sell on when you sell the car so you won't really lose any money

Iceberg 172
I may be wrong but didn't all the dynamics come with pre colour coded wing mirrors as standard? It's defiantly a dynamic mind because of the alloys and the fogs

Don't think so mate, the car is registered as a dynamique.

Rokkor coilovers! Best £120 I spent on my old car, then sold them on for a similar price :)

rs grill
rota grid alloys?
cup spoiler
Win

...all of those you can sell on when you sell the car so you won't really lose any money

What are the disadvantages of having the rokkor coilovers knuckles? will it improve handling and ride quality? Baring in mind this will be a daily motorway drive commute car. I plan on getting the rs grill and all that stuff done :D Not too keen on the rota grid alloys though unfortunately.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Ive got the TA technics coilovers which are the same as Rokkor. They wont improve the handling and will probably worsen the ride quality however not by much, it is bearable unlike what most people say and they'll make the car look miles better.