ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Evo 5 RS
Re: My Phase 1 ITB Daily Runner

er, are you mad? LOL. Your brakes cost a bomb

And yeah, just had a read at yours. Astounded mate at how some of that has come to pass :/ but say no more.

Evo 5 RS

Car at BTM having the head checked over currently, possibility of a head gasket failure which would be just my luck, but I'm not too fussed as it's always been a bit of a tapper, and contemplating fitting some harsher cams anyway.

In the meantime I've got a steel bonnet I'm shredding in order to fit at a later date and paint body colour. Just how much of the under skin you can get away with shredding remains to be seen, not really looked on here to see. But I'll take my chances

Evo 5 RS

Because if you cut the underside of the ali bonnet up it'll be like paper mate. I'm having to cut the skin mainly to fit everything under there nicely more than just for any kind of weight saving. If it were just a case of weight then I'd be fine fitting an ali one

Evo 5 RS

The bonnet is a lot lower on the front on a phase 1, so the bonnet pushes down on the filter, and really needs to be cut as I don't fancy wrecking the trumpets and my valves either. Smaller filter is a big no as I want it to be spot on, and you'll just strangle midrange torque.

I've done this on the carbon bonnet but where I've thinned and refibre glassed the underside where it's been getting hot it's actually sunk from underneath and is starting to melt. And being an anal tard, I'm binning it

I've recently done the same on my bonnet - it presses down on the filter. Chopped the ribs off the underside and it's fine now. Plenty of room for 120mm trumpets now :D

Evo 5 RS

lol, I was doodling a few weeks ago trying to come up with a subtle scoop but the ph1 is a very certain shape and as soon as you put anything that isn't supposed to be on it, it looks extremely bad manz. Unless you want to give RS Fabrications a s**t load of money there isn't really a lot of options if you want decent runner length.

Mini JCW

How about something along the lines of the Williams bonnet intake?

Or is that completely stupid?:eek:

Evo 5 RS

lol it would have to be located right at the front. I think I'll stick to what I've done already and just raise the bonnet slightly on the catches

Mini JCW

I assumed there was a reason it wasn't mentioned - apologies:eek:

On a side note - LOVE the colour:D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

mini-cooper-s-03.jpg

I'm telling you, it'd work.

Evo 5 RS

New engine time. Head gasket failure, I'm not willing to spend anything else on a scrap yard engine so trying to think of the best cause of action. Besides burning it

Evo 5 RS

lol, well there are many working theories but I'll leave it to Fred. I think it cooked on the dyno when the alternator failed personally, it was fine before hand. It was pulled from a scrap ph1 so it's not like it was anything super. Just my luck

Thinking of doing a scratch build this time, which was my original plan 2 years ago LOL, but this time with the right bloke doing it.

Gutted to hear about your engine problems :( mad that of all things it could have been its the head gasket that's gone :S

Are the red wheels your summer wheels? Or it staying on silver all the time?

Evo 5 RS

Nah silver mate, I sold the other set :)

I know, I've had rotten luck but the engine that I got BTM to throw in wasn't really what you'd call amazing. I honestly think it cooked on the dyno, I'd have to ask Matt really what he saw happening when the alternator failed. But it's irreverent really!

Got slightly alternative plans this time round.

New engine time. Head gasket failure, I'm not willing to spend anything else on a scrap yard engine so trying to think of the best cause of action. Besides burning it

Gutting. :(

HGF is a sh*tter.

New engine.

Or bin the bodies and get Fred fit a low mileage 225 engine. But that defies the point of having an epic sounding NA.

Evo 5 RS

Easy there Boner lol - running before I can walk there probably. Unless BTM fancy a bit of a challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.