ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Evo 5 RS
Re: My Phase 1 ITB Daily Runner

Steady on :( lol

I'm being sensible and going for an R26 I think. Soon I won't have anywhere to keep it either, it deserves to go to a good home, so I'll only be putting it up in the club as at the moment there's no rush...yet

Evo 5 RS

It's not up yet, I had a chat with Gray not long ago but it's not really for sale YET.

It's all up in the air at the moment, if the right car comes along to make it worth while. CSS would of been ideal to show it off :(

Last edited:

I bet if you do actually put it up, Sam (Wick) will buy it.

FLOL. If it would work as a daily I'd be tempted. Have to sell the VX and if I came back to a Clio I'd definitely want a bit more oomph than before.

Evo 5 RS

Depends entirely on you and what your daily drive contains lol. For me it's mostly dual carriage way and country lanes.

I won't go and say the usual "It's an M3 destroyer" or "Keeps with my mates FQ360 all day long" lol. Make no mistake though it's quick.

Cleaning it today and going to put the add up tonight.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

This looked lovely when I saw it at freds many moons ago, disapointed I havent kept up with this progress log

Evo 5 RS
Took the car to Camber today, left early and had a great run down on the A21. Making the most of the weather

5284e6c9-78a4-1ebe.jpg

Is a stunning colour in it. Every time I see it makes me want to change the plans for the kit.

Evo 5 RS

Not much has happened with the car recently between moving house and work. Other than by removing some of the under skin of the bonnet, the engine has melted my carbon one. Which isn't very clever. I'm in the process of fitting a bob standard steel one when I'm back from Holiday, which will need cutting. I didn't see the point in using an ally one, as once you've taken all the under skin off it will be like paper.

Also STILL having suspension problems. But it just needs the right eyes to look over it. Other things that I've done are;

Replace the VVT solenoid ring as it was leaking, refit all the perspex with sikaflex 291 as they were expanding and coming free, and lastly fitted two new hub nuts as for some reason they wouldn't stay tight.

I think I actually hate clios tbh.

Evo 5 RS

It's not for sale, I've found storage for it. But i've got the hump with it at the moment. I was on the phone to Fred a few minutes ago and found CV grease on my wheel as well.

f**k off s**t box.

Should of got rid LOL

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...

simply beautiful car, it should meet my mk1 for a grey car on silver wheel with trinkets meet :)

I would recommend never selling it, its an absolute stunner and entirely yours, well done chap

if you purchased this i would entertain breaking my project to fund a purchase of the VX

You're welcome to it atm. Very much out of love with it as it stands. Silly plastic car.

It's not for sale, I've found storage for it. But i've got the hump with it at the moment.

I'm glad you're keeping it :)

a) undoubtedly saves me money
b) undoubtedly prevents my GF killing me for buying "an old french sh*tbox" ;)
c) clearly worked bloomin' hard on it, so it'd be a shame to bail out now!!

Evo 5 RS

I could quote you word for word from what you just said to Boner, so... LOL

I wouldn't be happy selling it how it is anyway. Suspension needs sorting and there's a few leaks since it was last worked on

Evo 5 RS

If you renew the tax in aprox 10 days, go for it lol. Plus the pads need chopping, they're s**te AND sounds like the screams of a thousand hungry cats every time you brake. The anti squeal shims are fooked. Don't want any mintex crap in there any more.

Another thing for the list Gov :eek:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...

yep, and more again to clean up the quesitonable stains from aforementioned 'beetches' ;)

Evo 5 RS

Er hopefully not lol. I can still use it as it is tbh, but there are looooads of little bits that need doing and that I'm not happy with.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...

if its anything like mine, you'll never be happy, its an evolution thing, the project will never be 'done'

Evo 5 RS

Very true! Although at the moment it's things that have been done that aren't up to scratch more than evolution! Evolution would be better lol.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...

lol, keep plodding along chap, i do everything on my heap myself, so i only have me to blame!

Evo 5 RS

LOL.

Well the list for Fred is getting bigger, but I know he'll be pointing most of it out anyway so might as well beat him to it

Evo 5 RS

You mean besides getting it fixed and finally driving it properly? Not a lot! Unless you've got any fancy gubbins you want to donate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.