ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Danny's Stupid Apple Questions Thread.

Inferno 182 CUP
Time Machine - How?

I just bought a 2TB Seagate drive on TP .. plugged it in and its formatted for windows.

Clicked time machine - its erased the drive completely and re formatted it in OS format somehow :S .. Its now doing its 1st TM back up of 50GB odd ..

Is that it?

I just leave it plugged in forever now and it will do a backup every how long? :S

Also will it interfere with my Mac much or will it do it in the background and f**k off?

Re: Danny's Stupid Mac Questions Thread.

Time Machine only works if you sing the BTTF theme tune to it. Hence its name.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport

uses a lot of power as well while its backing up iirc, so prob wont want to do it too often.

what power pack did u get with it?

Inferno 182 CUP

you have to be careful with the power supplies, you dont wanna be trying to hook up to the grid to power it.

im not? ive got a 2 billion KW gennie in the kitchen powering it? is that okay?

someone told me to cover the screen in a jelly/ribena solution to stop hackers seeing in - its made a right mess :S

Boost. T5/T6
Re: Time Machine - How?

I just bought a 2TB Seagate drive on TP .. plugged it in and its formatted for windows.

Clicked time machine - its erased the drive completely and re formatted it in OS format somehow :S .. Its now doing its 1st TM back up of 50GB odd ..

Is that it?

I just leave it plugged in forever now and it will do a backup every how long? :S

Also will it interfere with my Mac much or will it do it in the background and f**k off?

There is a way to re-format it, I googled it to re-format mine from Windows to Mac and got the full space on it still

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi

Have you worked out how to turn it on yet?!

Maybe this will be more up your alley? ;)

ordinateur-vtech_37732_7300.jpg

Attachments

• ordinateur-vtech_37732_7300.jpg
    ordinateur-vtech_37732_7300.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 21
  Monaro VXR
Re: Anyone looking for apple RAM or know if crucial have any discounts on?

It's all very much the same no matter what brand it is. There are only a few manufacturers that actually make the chips and boards.

Just pick the memory you need speed / amount and then compare the products around.

Use Corsair memory in all my PC builds and my macbooks. Only had one bad experience with Corsair parts. Which was a PSU that arrived DOA. Was sorted out the next day.

Inferno 182 CUP

can get 8GB crucial for £65 wondered if i can do it cheaper ..

Monaro VXR

About normal price. Memory doesn't really go up and down in price much. £65-£70 is the norm for 8GB.

Inferno 182 CUP

thats with 10% off though so wondered if i could get corsair cheaper ..

Monaro VXR

Just checked online Corsair is £70 at scan. Crucial is just as good. If you can save £5 I would go with that.

Honestly you could pick pretty much any memory maker out of a hat and there would be bugger all between them.

Monaro VXR

Won't get much for it being honest, memory isn't worth much at all 2nd hand. I have my original macbook memory sat here, doubt anyone would want the 2GB worth though.

Inferno 182 CUP

i have 8GB worth here 4 x 2GB .. for anyone with a standard imac with the standard 4GB it would be a bargain

its only like 2 months old .. maximum

Monaro VXR

So what is it you are actually wanting the extra ram for? Do you want to eventually go to 16GB in the iMac?

Inferno 182 CUP

eventually but over time 12gb will be more than ample for a while ..

ive just started using final cut express and im normally running PS5 in background and listening to music and browsing net with email open and gumph so the RAM gets to stretch its legs plenty

16GB ill upgrade to eventually but for now 12GB seems like a fair amount

Inferno 182 CUP
Novabench or similar?

Anybody know any mac apps for monitoring performance and stats of the machine?

theres one tat gives you temps and s**t isnt there?

Inferno 182 CUP
Re: Novabench or similar?

all done .. added to the widgets -

is there not another app which sits on the toolbar at the top?

Inferno 182 CUP
FaceTime help?!

Ok you gurus,

I have an iPhone 4 so does my brother both kn 3 network.

I'm in my living room on wifi he's in his on wifi.

It won't let me dial him as a FaceTime contact? I can cal the number and chat but I can't do FaceTime.

He can call me but when it rings it shows a different number .. Not his :S

I can dial other people though?

Help

Inferno 182 CUP
Macbook

My windows laptop has finally died,

I have my iMac, iPad, and iPhone so figured it was a stupid question of which laptop to buy

ive been offered a Powerbook G4 for £100 all boxed in mint condition from a lady who used it at open university.

Its only a web browsing and word document machine

Is it worth it?