ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dano's Daily Boring Boaty Bus..

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
So some of you know my RB died, and I needed a car ASAP to get about in

after looking high and low for the best part of 5 days straight! losing sleep at night as I was at a loss of what to do.. Im too fussy to just buy the first car I found with T+T for <1k mostly £500 corsa b's / Punto's / Polo's

I upped my budget as my list was quite specific

it needed to be cheap.. comfy.. big / spacious but not mahoosive.. look half decent.. and not be a complete mess

found this in a local garage,
Was up for £1580 with no tax and petrol light was on..

bit of haggling and a deal was done on a handshake

£1200
89k miles
FSH - 4 owners, last 3 were same family
6 months tax (£110)
11 months mot
full tank of petrol
3 months warranty (what could go wrong?)

Picked it up yesterday and already covered the best part of 100 miles in it, Couldn't have asked for a better car on the quick!

So what is it..?

2003 Peugeot 307 'S' 1.6 16v 5 door, in black!

DSCF0535_zpsee228569.jpg

DSCF0536_zps42797f8b.jpg

DSCF0537_zps3364257a.jpg

DSCF0538_zps2880d6f8.jpg

DSCF0539_zps8ae502d0.jpg

DSCF0540_zps8e5f6411.jpg

DSCF0541_zpsd8c45361.jpg

DSCF0542_zps1505e261.jpg

DSCF0543_zps44c0dcc3.jpg

DSCF0546_zps00919fbe.jpg

Rubbish pictures I know.. was in a rush :p

Faults? (what are those?)

clutch biting point is really high.. doesnt slip and pulls great in all the gears, just takes a while to get used to

Previous owner was wolverine i think.. paint around the doorhandles is covered in light scratches

boot and drives door and roof have a small dent about the size of a 5p, not damaged the paint so should pull out (giggidy)

slight scuff on the front bumper!

Exhaust rattles, think its a bracket gone, easy fix :)

Okay so its not everyones cup of tea.. but it super comfy, quiet, easy to drive, More economical than my clio was (not hard), bags of room, looks tidy, it has an awesome pioneer(lol) headunit which matches the interior pretty well, the speaker seem to be uprated they sound Awesome! and most importantly it actually drives!

Plans? err.. keep it some what standard, drive it and hope it lasts for 6-8 months while I decide what I actually want to drive (Leaning towards mk5 golf gti) and then give it to the misses after she passes her test

Standard wheels are only 15" and 195 / 65 / 15 tyres are comical, but the wheels dont have a single mark on them! which suprised me the most lol

I would like some bigger wheels, smaller tyres, and a slight drop 40mm?

dont want to ruin the ride but that arch gap.. could move an immigrant family in!

This isnt a progress thread as such.. but ill add new pictures when / if i change anything

Comments / opinions / ideas welcome!

Cheers

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
For the love of god don't modify it. Just drive it, a means to an end.

I'd say I like it, but I'd be lying.

Lol like i say, not looking to do much to it, just want some nice(r) wheels! the standards are super good condition, not a single chip or scratch on them, but so damn small!
and less arch gap if thats possible with out making it crashy / harsh to drive.. this one needs to stay comfy! the plan is to make it last 6 months while i save up and decide what to buy next

anything more is a bonus :D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Lol like i say, not looking to do much to it, just want some nice(r) wheels! the standards are super good condition, not a single chip or scratch on them, but so damn small!
and less arch gap if thats possible with out making it crashy / harsh to drive.. this one needs to stay comfy! the plan is to make it last 6 months while i save up and decide what to buy next

anything more is a bonus :D

But all I've read there is that you want to only own the car for 6 months, yet seem to want to spend time and money trying to make it look marginally better, and in turn making it harder to sell on...

Just lump it for 6 months, or 5 even, as you could lose a month out of that timeline by not spending money on mods...

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
But all I've read there is that you want to only own the car for 6 months, yet seem to want to spend time and money trying to make it look marginally better, and in turn making it harder to sell on...

Just lump it for 6 months, or 5 even, as you could lose a month out of that timeline by not spending money on mods...

Keeping it for 6-8 months or so.. then giving it to the mrs ;) no selling involved

Keep it as it is!

I am! For now :p

If money was no thing.. id go for air ride haha

This 100%.

Cheers for the comment ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ouch They weren't even good when they were new. Gearbox changes like a picasso.

However, there are worse cars out there!

E36 328i
Hateful things, we had a 1.4 diesel one for a while, I wanted to burn it by the end. Cannot express the amount of hatred I had for that f**king car. Ball joint munching piece of s**t.

Hope it provides you with trouble free motoring pal! ;)