ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash Cluster pinout. Help!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
OK, so I've been using the following two pictures to try and wire up a 1*2 cluster, and it's not playing ball.

172dashwiring1.jpg

172dashwiring2.jpg

I have the dials sat in front of me with the dash loom connectors still in them, and it just doesn't seem to add up.

I've managed to get to this stage by connecting what in left to right order, pins 16 and 24.

Photo%2011-06-2014%2007%2030%2045%20pm.png

However the handbrake and ABS lights are on which suggests that the positive is hooked up to pin 30, which suggests the pins are from right to left. But that would mean I've hooked the earth up to Pin 22.

Furthermore, pin 23, the vehicle speed, isn't there on the bottom row whether you go left-right or right-left.

Somebody help!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
MicKPM

Also if I use Pin 24 (just to clarify, that's bottom row, 9 pins from the left, black wire) as earth, nothing does anything if I touch 12v to every track on the 15 pin connector. But if I connect Pin 16 (bottom row, far left, yellow wire) I get the above picture.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It will be because that is the wrong manual and most of what you're trying to achieve is controlled by CAN.

ABS for example will always be on unless it receives a packet telling it no to be (although so should the SRS iirc)

What manual and revision date are you working with?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Bumpdate.

I've been trying to work everything out from scratch from what I have. Here's what I've found so far;

Pinouts following reading order (left to right, top to bottom)

Connector 1 (single row, 15pin)
1. Handbrake (Orange)
2. ***EMPTY***
3. (Light Grey)
4. (Green)
5. (White)
6. (Purple)
7. ***EMPTY***
8. ***EMPTY***
9. ***EMPTY***
10. (Light Grey)
11. (Light Grey)
12. ***EMPTY***
13. (Orange)
14. (Light Purple)
15. ***EMPTY***

Connector 2 (double row, 30pin)
1. ***EMPTY***
2. Right Indicator (White)
3. Left Indicator (Light Purple)
4. (Red)
5. Immobiliser Light (Light Grey)
6. (Orange)
7. ***EMPTY***
8. (White)
9. High Beam Light (Green)
10. ***EMPTY***
11. Rear Fog (Red)
12. Front Fog (Brown)
13. ***EMPTY***
14. (White)
15. ***EMPTY***
16. ABS light/Handbrake/Power?!? (Yellow)
17. ***EMPTY***
18. (Light Purple)
19. ***EMPTY***
20. ***EMPTY***
21. (Orange)
22. (Sandy colour)
23. ***EMPTY***
24. Earth (Black)
25. ***EMPTY***
26. (Black)
27. Backlight Illumination (Light Blue)
28. (Brown)
29. ***EMPTY***
30. (Pink)

Does that match up with any of the 'other versions' of the pinout?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
There are no actual pin-outs for a Ph1 172 clockset but it's a first generation Sagem panel so it's going to be more like the Scenic I Ph2 I'd guess. I'm pretty sure all the important warning lights are CAN frames though and with you being all cryptic about what it is you're trying to do I don't know how we can help.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Well the reason for it is to get the dials working with a computer interface for simracing. The circuit board in the photo feeds the gauges the appropriate signals.

So far as I can tell the only light fed by CAN signals rather than a direct feed is the ABS light. The dash computer info is also signal fed by the looks of it.

In short I'd like to know which pins the signal for each dial feeds through, and the + and - connections which also relate to those steppers.

Hi. I don't know if you can help me since it's been a while from the date this was posted BUT i would like to ask if you figured the rest of the schematic. Please post it here if you still have it. I got the same dashboard and want to use it for the same purpose =). Any help will be appreciated.
Bumpdate.

I've been trying to work everything out from scratch from what I have. Here's what I've found so far;

Does that match up with any of the 'other versions' of the pinout?