ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash display problem.....advice

Megane R26
Well for a while my heads up dash diplay was messing about. One side would go dimmer than the other. Then all togther it packed up. Hit it and it came back to life lol not for long thou. I've found a replacement on ebay, but need to make sure the unit is faulty. Stripped it down to find the bulbs are not lighting. Tested the bulbs, and they are fine. Any ideas? Also anyone know what half the wires do, 2 connection blocks go into the unit, just wondering if the dimmer control has messed up. although saying that my dimmer controls the main dash fine...any advice welcome :)

As you can see igniton and lights are on, but no bulbs :(
DSC00019.JPG

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
If you look at the RED connector the pins are numbered 1 - 15 starting on the right as you look at your picture.

Pins 1 - 8 are not used
Pins 9 -14 are the remote control connections.
Pin 15 is not used.

The BLUE connector is also numbered 1 - 15 from the right.

Pins 1 & 2 are the external temp readout
Pins 3 & 4 are not used
Pin 5 is earth
Pin 6 is panel lighting.
Pin 7 is the Light supply.
Pin 8 is + accessory supply (ign on)
Pin 9 is + Battery
Pin 10 is External temp output
Pins 11 - 15 are all Radio connections.

On some cars you can check all the display segments by holding the right hand "source" button and pulling on both + and - Volume buttons for 2 seconds. do the same again but hold the keys and the rest of the display will work.

Hope this helps.........