ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash install after cage fitted

Clio 182
As title says, just had a jp cage fitted to my 182.

I now need to refit the dash but it obviously needs "modifying"... Cutting.

Any tips, advice from anyone that dons this before would e greatly appreciated.

I've included some pi of what awaits me. 👍

Attachments

• IMG_20220402_153609.jpg
    IMG_20220402_153609.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20220402_153616.jpg
    IMG_20220402_153616.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 73

Kiffle

ClioSport Club Member
Depends how neat and tidy you want it to be really.

I cut the top dah quickly with a grinder, roughly in line with the air vent so that it slides in over the top of the lower piece easily. Could've done a better job really.

20220402_193624.jpg

Then for the lower dash...

I cut the top of the glovebox out for some of the wiring to sit in, as well the main air ducts for the top dash and the tabs with the tweeters on.

20220409_163405.jpg

I think my cage is slightly different to yours as I've got an A pillar support that needs to go through the dash, but the pics below show it all fitted.

20220410_192527.jpg

DSC_0281.jpg

Hope this helps a bit!

Clio 182
Thanks mate, much appreciated. I'm not looking forward to it. I'd rather pay someone to do it, but no one is willing to take the job on.

Seeing as I've don't most of it I might as well have a go. 👍

Kiffle

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate, much appreciated. I'm not looking forward to it. I'd rather pay someone to do it, but no one is willing to take the job on.

Seeing as I've don't most of it I might as well have a go. 👍
It's not tricky, just time consuming. There's a good few hours of fettling to get it all in but it's worth it.

Just take your time qnd remember to go in stages as you can always cut more off!

Clio 182
I think I'll give it a go. Wish it was good Friday tomorrow. Next weekend it is then.

I think it's the fuse box that's going to be the arse.

Kiffle

ClioSport Club Member
I think I'll give it a go. Wish it was good Friday tomorrow. Next weekend it is then.

I think it's the fuse box that's going to be the arse.
So I cut the top of the glovebox out so the UCH could fit in there and then my fuse box is cable tied up at the top to the dash bar. Both pretty secure but will make some brackets when I can be bothered!

Clio 182
Great tip. I'd previously made a hole in the top of the glove box so I could get access to stuuf if required without taking the dash off.

Clio 182
So I cut the top of the glovebox out so the UCH could fit in there and then my fuse box is cable tied up at the top to the dash bar. Both pretty secure but will make some brackets when I can be bothered!

Attachments

• IMG_20220424_170020.jpg
    IMG_20220424_170020.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 48
  Clio 182
Well I had a go over the weekend. Cutting wasn't really an issue, it was getting the top dash to line up with the 3 mounting screws on the dash. It not perfect but a lot better than I thought it would turn out.

Unfortunately my upper centre dash screen isn't working. I definitely plugged it in. I didn't reconnect the centeral door locking, or heated rear window... I don't know if that might be linked?

Cheers for the advice.

Kiffle

ClioSport Club Member
Well I had a go over the weekend. Cutting wasn't really an issue, it was getting the top dash to line up with the 3 mounting screws on the dash. It not perfect but a lot better than I thought it would turn out.

Unfortunately my upper centre dash screen isn't working. I definitely plugged it in. I didn't reconnect the centeral door locking, or heated rear window... I don't know if that might be linked?

Cheers for the advice.
Looks like a tidy job to me! Not having the A pillar supports means to can do a better job of cutting the top tbf.

My screen works, but doesn't light up when I turn the lights on, and I'm not sure about the rear screen / central locking. I've plugged everything in though.

Clio 182
I'm not to bothered as it's only temp, time and I don't have a stereo fitted anymore. 😂

Just got to give it a really good exterior clean now, and fit the sun strip. Ten Anglesey on the 9th May.