ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash removal

RS Clio 182

Having real problems removing the dash from my 2002 clio. The dash is sticking around the passengers airbag area and will not budge. Dont know if there are any clips around that area? I can see three clips that hook around the back of the airbag but dont think they are the problem. Any help appreciated from anyone who has removed their dashboard?

cheers

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

The "trick" with removing the upper dash panel is to pull the whole panel towards you when sat in the passenger or drivers seat, after removing the screws and the "A" post trims. DO NOT LIFT! Pull it and press down around the area of the passenger airbag. This will release the clips over the top of the passenger airbag. If you can see the clips on the airbag, then you have already LIFTED the dash and may have caused damage! It maybe very difficult to remove the dash top if you have lifted it. If so, push the dash top back into position and restart by PULLING not LIFTING and you may relaease it.

PRESS AND PULL _ DO NOT LIFT

Hope that helps. Been there once!

Bob RTE (Renault technician)

Clio 172 Ph2

Ive just got a new 172 and will probably have a go at doing mine this weekend when I have the new speakers to fit in it.

I presume the same thing goes for this model? Pull and dont lift?

My dash wont budge just above the steering column, cant see any screws, sny ideas?? the rest of it seems to be coming off ok but it is stuck at the steering wheel? do u need to remove anything el;se to get the dash off?

how to you remove the A post trims? do they just pop off?? i think thats where i cant get my dash off. i takle it the "A post trims! are the strips that run up between the windscreen and door??