ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dashboard removal

16v 1.2 Expression
I'm about to remove the dash form my Expression, so I can fit a new cable for the stalk controls. I've already read a few guides on here about how to remove it, but I've noticed some mention disconnecting the battery :/

Is this really necessary, or can it be done without bothering?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I never bothered and never had any problems... but it's only because I'm lazy. Just be careful around the airbags.

If you're really bothered then just disconnect it buddy only takes a minute or two! Although of course you should leave the car around 15 minutes afterwards before working on it.

16v 1.2 Expression
Thanks :) I didn't bother in the end, and it all went very smoothly.

Although I now have another problem... After fitting the new cables and fitting my aftermarket radio I turned off the engine, just to find out that when I turned it back on the radio hasn't kept any of the saved settings. I'm not sure what I've done wrong, and annoyingly as I'm just starting out, I don't even know where to start to figure out what has gone wrong. If anyone can help I'd be extremely grateful

16v 1.2 Expression
I'm guessing those were the red and yellow wires? I just popped down to a friend who explained that as it's a french car, they technically are the wrong way round for the radio. So one little swap, and now everything is good again :)

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
That will be the right colours, completely forgot what colour they were at the time of writing about them.