ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dashboard Warning Lights - Exhaust gas monitor warning light

Drove my car to the shops this morning with no problems, but when I got back in it to come home two warning lights came up on the dashboard.

1. Preheating/electronic fault or water in the diesel warning light
2. Exhaust gas monitor warning light

I pulled over at the side of the road and turned the car off, left it a few minutes and turned it back on, the first warning light has now disappeared but the second has not gone, according to Clio manual I should consult my Renault dealer ASAP.

Does any one have any ideas what may have caused these, specifically the second which is still there?
Are they common problems and what a possible cure is?

My car was only MOT'd two weeks ago and had no issues with its emissions then.

Is the car shaking/juddering badly on idle, wont rev up past ~2.5/3k RPM? Sounds like your pencil-coils on top of the spark plugs may be on their way out/dodgy connection.
It's a pretty common thing to fail.

Nope, the car is running fine, nothing seems up with it at all apart from the light on the dashboard.
Having searched on here, when this issue has cropped up before people seem to have suggested the lamba sensor, how accurate that is I am not sure.

Nope, no smoke, nothing, running perfectly as normal.

I've just dropped it in at the garage so i'll wait and see, i just wanted some info prior to it going in to avoid any nasty surprises.

Hoping for the best. Expecting the worst.

The handbook that says the warning light is the Exhaust Gas Monitor Warning Light is wrong.

It's the engine management light. Ideally it needs plugged in to a code reader to find out the reason why the light is on. There would be no point in speculating as to what it might be without getting this done.

Just spoke to the garage, they cleared the fault and it hasn't reappeared so fingers crossed it may be sorted.
They advised that if it reappears it may need the lambda sensor(s) replacing?

Racing Blue 182 Cup
This happens to me now and then. Bought an OBD reader plugged it in when light came on. Told me there was a fault but never gave me a code? Just cleared it myself and it hasn't reappeared. My car runs great so I'm not bothered but have also been told it could be the lambda sensor.

So this re-appeared again today.
Do I take it to the garage, pay £20 and just get the fault cleared again or do I ask them to change my lambda sensor in case it is that?

So this re-appeared again today.
Do I take it to the garage, pay £20 and just get the fault cleared again or do I ask them to change my lambda sensor in case it is that?

Don't pay the £20. Buy your own code reader so you can clear faults. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM327-OB...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item53f6e181e5 then if it happens again you may need to change stuff.

Or, where abouts in nottingham are you from, if you're not far from me I'll clear it for you!

Don't pay the £20. Buy your own code reader so you can clear faults. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM327-OB...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item53f6e181e5 then if it happens again you may need to change stuff.

Or, where abouts in nottingham are you from, if you're not far from me I'll clear it for you!

Buying my own would be the perfect solution but I'd also need to invest in a laptop as well which makes it a non ideal solution.

I live in Chilwell, work in West Bridgeford but am often in Long Eaton or Ripley if any of those are near you?