ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daves 182

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
Small Update

Right, been a while since I updated this so thought I better get myself in gear.

I've been super busy past couple months working on my 182, I'll be posting some major updates this weekend.

For now though, small update.

I gave my pedals a clean tonight, its one of those things I've always been wanting to do but been more worried about the bigger things.

l_b780b407f6ae48689a48f2cc1f1b611f.png

l_aab93e5fefb146f8836cd0f8b74b44c9.png

l_69d7321557ba4ca7ba6f05338396a423.png

As you can see they have been fairly neglected. I half started cleaning one of them then thought I better take photo's and update this. My girl friend usually takes photos for me as she has a fancy Nikon but today you'll have to put up with my Sony Cyber-shot 7.2 mega pixel.

The dirt was fairly baked on, I used WD-40 to soak them all then used a green brillo pad which my mum kindly donated me :hail:. I'm pleased with the overall result.
l_84c62e6d27704683bc61a9462d5fd1e3.png

Stay tuned for the next update :evil:

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
Small Package Arrived

Never liked the yellow tinge of my sidelights, so ordered some white xenon look LED ones. Very impressed with them :cool:

l_095497b887ce4f589ba5b8ec220b0c59.png

I'll get some more pics when I go out in the dark more.

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
nice... i need to do my pedals.. and also my seat belts

Cheers. Pedals are easy to do and looks much better.

Nice!!

what you planning on lowering on? and how low do you want to go?

Definately coil overs but unsure which yet, possibly the kit k-tec do, looks good for the money. Looking to do the odd track day next year so need a kit to deal with that. I'll be trying out different heights to see what suits me and the car.

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
Update Time

As stated before I am planning to do some track days next year. Strippage commenced.

I've removed the heavy front seats, rear seats, rear side panels and all plastics from the rear.

To replace the standard heavy front seats I've fitted OMP WRC fixed buckets seats and OMP racing 4m harnesses. To fit these I used OMP subframes and OMP alloy side mounts.
l_28be037c031941a389a94159e335f4dd.png

Whilst stripping the rear I fitted an OMP rear strut brace to slightly stiffen the rear; every little helps.
l_6840fdaccba84b8682a0339e4674ec30.png

Next up was an OMP Superturismo steering wheel in suede, 320mm. This feels spot on for me and a big improvement over the standard bus wheel.
l_a40a3832f57442b3a70d99ac92fb7157.png

I decided to remove my front fog lights as I plan on making a custom cold air feed. Also fitted a couple OMP stickers and removed the splitter as I managed to crack it, I will be replacing this with another at a later date.
l_c3d742b875ca4acbb311b5fbbc713dfc.png

l_b930cccb7ac5455c882e009ab0c83932.png

Last but not least I fitted a bee sting aerial to get rid of the standard whip. It doesn't offer much function but looks better plus I never listen to the radio in the car.
l_0322860e54cd423cb22c8f518ec90b7a.png

Stay tuned for more strippage and slammage.

Porsche Boxster987S
yea should look cool lowered with a cage. Some black 2118s would be my wheel choice for it:cool:

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
yea should look cool lowered with a cage. Some black 2118s would be my wheel choice for it:cool:

I'm not wanting to get a cage just so it looks cool. Althought 2118's are nice, everyone has them and my Pro 3's are so much easier to keep clean and are reasonabably light :approve:

Car looks great mate, im a fan of the pro 3s.

Cheers, yeah love the Pro 3's

nice project!;)

Buy coils pls & put him on the ground :rasp:

tkz!

Well this thread did start off in the project section but was moved here.

Yeah yeah, patience, it should be lowered soon

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
UP FOR SALE SOON

After alot of thought I have decided to sell up as the car isn't practical enough for my needs. I will be putting the interior back to standard apart from the steering wheel, which will be getting changed for a different one.

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
Well its been a long month and a half of me deciding whether to keep the 182 or not.......

but have come to the conclusion of keeping it and turning it into the track beast I wish for. I did buy a Yozza exhaust for it but found it too loud, sold it and ordered a new Piper system which should be here tomorrow! I'll update with some photos at the weekend.

TrackCar & F30 330d
That looks really nice mate.

Crying out to be sat on coilovers. But really like the wheels.

Take the carpet out of the front and then spray the interiour Black. Thats what i'm currently doing :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Gone up alot since the stripping I see, very nice motor though. I was tempted by these seats myself :)

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
That looks really nice mate.

Crying out to be sat on coilovers. But really like the wheels.

Take the carpet out of the front and then spray the interiour Black. Thats what i'm currently doing :)

Cheers dude. Yeah it will probably be next year before I get it lowered, I have holidays to pay for and christmas is coming up.

I've removed the rear half of the carpet and chopped the front down but will be taking it all out at some point.

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
Gone up alot since the stripping I see, very nice motor though. I was tempted by these seats myself :)

Yeah fair bit of weight taken out.

The seats are awesome, I went down to Demon Tweeks and tried out a few but these suited me the best. Only con I've found with getting buckets is whenever I'm in other peoples cars I feel like I'm going to fall out!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yeah fair bit of weight taken out.

The seats are awesome, I went down to Demon Tweeks and tried out a few but these suited me the best. Only con I've found with getting buckets is whenever I'm in other peoples cars I feel like I'm going to fall out!

lol :)

Im getting the same harnesses, you happy with them?