ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DavidStrawhorn - 1.2 Clio Project

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Some wee prepubescent reprobate epoxied a can of cola to my front wing the other night! :mad::mad::mad:
Anyone know if surgical spirit will destroy the clear coat?
Raging! If I find out who it was, they can expect a tyre iron through their windscreen!!

Some wee prepubescent reprobate epoxied a can of cola to my front wing the other night! :mad::mad::mad:
Anyone know if surgical spirit will destroy the clear coat?
Raging! If I find out who it was, they can expect a tyre iron through their windscreen!!

:O people are d*cks mate,

as for removing the epoxy resin you would be best asking the detailers... i dont know how hopeful to be though as it is pretty strong stuff iirc

Clio mk2 phase 2
See how you're looking for a set of 4x100 alloys on the buy and sell page . There's a set of ronal turbos on it :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Changed the colour of my dashboard cluster today. I think it looks super (even though i say so myself:clap:)

8462336669_c9474ee1ce_c.jpg
8462336699_58b64809ba_c.jpg

Rub strips have been painted and are ready to be fitted tomorrow :D Looking forward to that.
8463456776_499ab074dd_c.jpg

Also colour coded the front badge, get rid of that horrible yellow lol
8462357525_c82a8de2dc_c.jpg

8463456798_10e9267dda_c.jpg

Next mods: Full 172 half leather interior and door cards, new alloys, wrap the whole dashboard in suade (possibly), more colour coding (spoiler and bumper) and anything else that comes along lol

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Good progress! Plans sound good too :) especially nice work on the dash. Was it hard to do?
Thanks mate!
If your good at soldering and have a decent iron then the hardest part is removing the dash. Pretty much if you can solder, you can do that.
Its so simple yet transformed the look inside.

Arctic 182FF
I think I should be able to handle some soldering. Did you buy a kit for it? If so a link would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah, it's always annoyed me the yellowy/orange lights, makes it look dated.

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
  Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Put the rub strips back on the other day.
Ignore my one steel wheel and horribly wing mirror lol
8470495473_4fd6b2f37f_c.jpg

Next: Colour code door handles and mirror then TRY and save so I can finally pay off the bbs and pick them up.

Clio mk2 phase 2
I've got pics of my wheels on Facebook :) I really like the lights on the dash :) and the rest of your plans sounds awesome :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Got a sub, amp and new head unit today - a ripspeed 740 flip out screen. The sub is a jbl vrx and fli amp. Got the lot for £100 :) can't complain, it's ripspeed but the sound quality is s**t hot! (compared to my Kenwood anyway)
ubybuza9.jpg

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Some more pics of the piece of s**t today. Going to see about getting body work sorted out this week. Picked up a full 172 interior (4 seats and 4 door cards) so will fit that tomorrow. Also fitted sub :)
8487085506_3f41b66f89_b.jpg

8485992303_544447cebd_b.jpg

8485986159_3f3d571398_b.jpg

8487073024_d447002f15_b.jpg

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Screaming for a sport/cup spoiler!

She's looking well mate, needs a polish though :p You'll like the seats, they are comfy :)

Sport rear bumper and colour coded front IMO, but if you want the skirts and bumper, you also need the wider wings for it all to fit nice, and some spacers ;)

Yeah might just go for the colour coding. Need a new bumper anyway, this one is sh*gged.
Will sort out stance/wheels nearer the summer. Got a set of bbs to go on in the warmer months so will aim to have coilovers, spacers and camber done by May (Big cruise in may!)
Next pay packet and the body works getting sorted out!

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Sport rear bumper and colour coded front IMO, but if you want the skirts and bumper, you also need the wider wings for it all to fit nice, and some spacers ;)

In fact, definitely not going for the sport bumper, wing and skirts. Its already got the sport interior, rear bumper and will have sport spoiler - don't want it looking like a 172 rep lol

Ph1 172 + 106 GTI
It's meant to be decent all week so if you want a hand, just give me a shout as i am on holiday. Just spent a couple of days on mine :eek:

Liquid Yellow 182
Some more pics of the piece of s**t today. Going to see about getting body work sorted out this week. Picked up a full 172 interior (4 seats and 4 door cards) so will fit that tomorrow. Also fitted sub :)
8487085506_3f41b66f89_b.jpg

8485992303_544447cebd_b.jpg

What side lights are these mate? Can you give me link? Are your headlights on aswell or is that flash?

2007 Clio 197
Tried to undo the nuts holding the rear bench in and the back popped off along with 2 tiny metal rods and a spring :(

exact same thing happened to me when i was trying to remove my old shock absorbers, was a complete PITA as i had got one off, then needed to drive to go buy a replacement!! :(

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
This is for sale if anyone knows anyone looking for one. Not looking for a lot either for it

exact same thing happened to me when i was trying to remove my old shock absorbers, was a complete PITA as i had got one off, then needed to drive to go buy a replacement!! :(

Argg nightmare mate!

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Hey man first off the clio is looking s**t hot, doing pretty much everything I want to do to mine! (Pretty jealous right now).. But anyway, what's the easiest way to colour code the side door strips? Also the led sidelight are they legal they look awesome!

Hey man first off the clio is looking s**t hot, doing pretty much everything I want to do to mine! (Pretty jealous right now).. But anyway, what's the easiest way to colour code the side door strips? Also the led sidelight are they legal they look awesome!

easiest way? take em off and get a bodyshop to do em!

LED sidelights are probably not legal.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
easiest way? take em off and get a bodyshop to do em!

LED sidelights are probably not legal.

Okay then :) I'm trying to get hold of some second hand ones on the wonders of eBay right now to practice doing it myself and if that fails ill take them to a shop lol!
Yeah I thought the LED sidelights weren't but they look good!:(