ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DavidStrawhorn - 1.2 Clio Project

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Need a bit of help on alloys.
I've a set in mind but the offset is et25. Will these fit in the arch of a Clio? The diameter/width is 15x7".

I've tried Google but can't find anything I can make sense of really so though it be best to ask people who know a lot more than me.
Thanks.

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Few alloy colour choices. Whittled it down to these two...

8417367929_88a0aed789_z.jpg

And...

8418458774_2b41a269ef_z.jpg

Going to see the alloys tomorrow and try them on the Clio, see if they fit with the offset.

I personally really like the pink. Its something very different and PInk/blue seems to be a winning colour scheme with the cruise scene up my end. White is also a wee bit different but more popular than pink for sure.

I'm stuck, what's you guy's opinions on these?

Many Thanks,

P.s. I want my Clio to stand out a bit when its finished. I've a mate who has a Black 1.2 and he's getting Baby Blue BBS RM's for his.

Arctic 182FF
I'd personally go for white with the alloys, but i am a bit biased :eek: I'd love to go for a euro look if I had the money for it.

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
I'd personally go for white with the alloys, but i am a bit biased :eek: I'd love to go for a euro look if I had the money for it.
I love Euro look as well! Very clean!

Done a wee photoshop of how I want the front to turn out. Before at the bottom, after at the top.
8418655202_fd81c9cdd5_b.jpg

Arctic 182FF
I wouldn't go for a colour coded diamond personally but that's just my opinion. RS grill is always a good idea, I think they look better sprayed black because they're a dark grey originally (or at least mine was when I bought it), yellow fogs would look good too i reckon. But these are all things I would do and it's your car of course :)

By the way, if you do get those BBS in white and then want to sell them at any point, send me a pm immediately :p

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
I wouldn't go for a colour coded diamond personally but that's just my opinion. RS grill is always a good idea, I think they look better sprayed black because they're a dark grey originally (or at least mine was when I bought it), yellow fogs would look good too i reckon. But these are all things I would do and it's your car of course :)

By the way, if you do get those BBS in white and then want to sell them at any point, send me a pm immediately :p

I'll do them colour coded and see if I like it. I'm 50/50 at the moment.
Haha gotta love rs's!

Looking nice man :) I'm pretty sure I've seen this car running around before :)
Where you from mate?

Arctic 182FF
Those wheels look quality. But is it just me or are the 2 silver faced wheels odd? One seems to be more dished than the other.

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
they look dead tidy mate, what colour you decided on? and did you check to see if there was room to avoid rubbing etc?

Thanks mate. I'm dead chuffed with them.
Yeah there was enough room however don't know how it will sit with coilover and dropped a bit more but we'll hit that bump when we get there.
I'm probably going to go for raspberry pink. If you've seen or heard of I Heart Haters, then it's the same pink used in their logo.
http://ihearthaters.co.uk/
I've got their big sticker for down the side of the front Window. It'll be a hit or a miss with different people but hay-Ho, something different :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Those wheels look quality. But is it just me or are the 2 silver faced wheels odd? One seems to be more dished than the other.

Yeah the one with the red center cap is 16x9 with an offset of et20 but it's the rear wheel off a set that is staggered so the dish is a wee bit deeper. The other one is 15x7 et25.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Have I read that right? You've got three wheels the same and one different?

I'd personally contact the manufacturers or someone that sells them (either set) and try to get one more wheel.

It doesn't actually matter which one you get, but I wouldn't be running three and one, I'd want to run pairs on each axle.

What are you planning on doing about the dent under the door from the bash???

Renault clio 2005
I would Try and get one More wheel the same as the other three. It could affect the balance or the car having a different wheel On. But I am sure when Those wheels are on the car they will Look great :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Have I read that right? You've got three wheels the same and one different?

I'd personally contact the manufacturers or someone that sells them (either set) and try to get one more wheel.

It doesn't actually matter which one you get, but I wouldn't be running three and one, I'd want to run pairs on each axle.

What are you planning on doing about the dent under the door from the bash???

No mate. The pic of 4 alloys are from 3 different sets. The two black ones are from a full set, the silver one is from a full set and the other silver one with red center cap is from yet another set.
The ones I'm getting are all the same.

Clio mk2 phase 2
Check out the earlier pages on my thread to see sticker bombed Renault badges.

Been done before sorry to burst your bubble :)

I figured they would've been done before so there was no bubble to be burst :p just around my area you don't see it very often :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
It's quite nice looking :) I'm only going 60mm until I can afford coilies :) how low is yours?

About 40-50mm. That what mines staying at until I get coilies as well.
And I just saw you have bbs :/ I hate you!

How much did you pay for them? Such nice alloys mate! Nice job

Thanks mate. Let's just say 'enough' lol picking them up in a few weeks and the going to TRY and keep them off till the summer...

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Picked this up today from a scrapys. Came off a Megane, was only a few bob so I'll fit it and see if I like it...
Gave it a clean and used boot polish to bring it back to black.
Might lacquer it for a high gloss shine... Hmm... Anyway here it is:
8424451885_faaeca8eac_c.jpg

8424453427_b759ab27e1_c.jpg

Clio mk2 phase 2
Picked this up today from a scrapys. Came off a Megane, was only a few bob so I'll fit it and see if I like it...
Gave it a clean and used boot polish to bring it back to black.
Might lacquer it for a high gloss shine... Hmm... Anyway here it is:
8424451885_faaeca8eac_c.jpg

8424453427_b759ab27e1_c.jpg

Itll be good to see how that looks cause I'm stuck between getting a lacuna splitter or the Megane one :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Wee update
Wrapped the interior strip on white vinyl and added a wee iHeartHaters sticker.
I'm planning on redoing it I think white carbon as well as other interior bits :)
8433063254_e3d8e5a863_c.jpg

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Looks nice white, just needs to be a bit neater around the edges.

Try tucking the wrap in at the back instead of cutting it so close to the edge :)

Yeah that's partly why I'm redoing it. Tbh I only done it cause I was bored lol and it turned out quite good looking.