ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Day 80 : The RS beats them ALL!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Good honest opinions and I still love the colour combo, although i'd love to see the upgrade wheels in silver on the grey .

Clio
OK so I didn't want to take the whole video in go and miss some important feedback pieces but you've bought a performance hatchback and after 5 minutes you've discussed.....
The clock
Waze
Depreciation

I'll continue.......

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I expected loads of racing around McDonald's car park @MarkCup 😅

Sorry to disappoint!

I liked the bit where that old woman called you a hooligan and hit you with her umbrella

(I've not watched it yet)

I'm hoping for something along these lines at some point from the exhaust noise...

Watched this morning. Decent. Shirt spice 7/10 but mild disappointment re lack of pie charts.

Normality will be restored soon. I can't suppress my urges much longer.

Great car, love it.

Are you careful where you park it etc?

Not particularly...although I tend to take the C-Max if I'm running domestic errands, and at work I have a private secluded car park and my own personal space for it. Those that park around me know to give it a wide berth!

Ok 8 minutes in....
We've discussed:
Number of doors
Boxes
Looks
Price

Getting better-ish.

I make videos that I'd like to watch. Become an accountant and get yourself a mk3 RS. You'll enjoy my output much more. Honest.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Decent vid, although I would have put some ticks along with the crosses on cars which did tick boxes. E.g manual box and 5 doors etc. Just being picky.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Watched that this morning but closed the video once it started to become conventionally entertaining.
They didn't even mention the gear surround trim fitment. I'm out.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Watched that this morning but closed the video once it started to become conventionally entertaining.
They didn't even mention the gear surround trim fitment. I'm out.

Or the squeaky clutch! Have they been sorted now?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Decent video. I find myself getting judgmental about the geekiness, then remember that's probably how we all come across to normal folks.

Waze is much better than Google maps. Not as good as tomtom for traffic and routing, but not bad for a free option. The voice control on Android auto is superb.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and you need to turn your rear wiper off from being constantly on :wink:

I really don't. If it's even slightly wet the rear spoiler/diffuser combo mean the back of the car/rear window get's continually plastered in spray/crap. Wiping continuously is the only way to a) see anything and b) catch anything worthwhile from the rear dash cam.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I see Mountune have come out with a 400 kit... one of the guys who works there (or owns it, not sure) lives round the corner from me. Their development car with the 666 plate currently has '500 S' badging on it. At least that's what I think it said yesterday

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yup, M400 is now official. Interesting to note that the development team said that as an everyday car the engine, at 350bhp & 350lbsft was very close to its reliable safe maximum.

With the reports of coolant loss I won't be rushing to mod mine any day soon. Honestly, I think it has plenty of power as it is...you have enough to get the back moving at will, in the dry, at almost any speed. Sure they don't feel fast in a straight line but if you bought an RS expecting that, you bought the wrong car.

Turns, accelerating through and out of them is where this thing excels...and extra power doesn't make that experience any better.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It wont take long for people to get big power out of that engine.

The yanks are already getting 600hp out of them in the Mustangs.

That said, they're still not the tuning monster their 5-pot predecessor was, especially as they had a 15 or so year head start. Not to mention the transmission setup is already pretty on-edge as it is. So I don't think we'll be seeing any 900+hp Mk3s for a long time.