ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

day off + sunshine = clio TLC

t3 corolla 116bhp
decided to give the clio a good bit of tlc this morning. first of all, gave it a wash 2 bucket job eith AG car shampoo

DSC00111.jpg

Dried with microfibre

DSC00112.jpg

then decided to give it a claying. had no detailing spray so decided to make some homemade stuff with some water, a bit of AG car shampoo and an empty (and well rinsed :) ) flash container. Used a megs clay bar i had from their clay kit.

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

roof and spoiler were pretty much clear

DSC00116.jpg

as was bonnet

DSC00117.jpg

rear quarters however........

DSC00119.jpg

lower doors

DSC00121.jpg

tailgate and rear bumper

DSC00118.jpg

left a nice finish to polish onto, so i applied one layer / coat of AG SRP

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

then a layer of EGP, left it to cure for about 45 mins, then buffed off with microfibre. tyres dressed with some megs gold class tyre gel, glass cleaned with AG car glass polish and that'll do it for another while :approve:

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

apologies for poor pics, not great with a camera plus phone cameras aint great

cheers

J

Bumder With A Buffer
Looks good :) I am thinking of claying mine just to give it a try.

Was going to do....

Foam
Wash
Clay
Polish SRP or something else.
EGP or CG wet mirror Finish
Wax

but il need a good couple of days to do all that and i've only just done a wash, SRP, EGP and Wax this weekend!

t3 corolla 116bhp
only clayed mine twice before. 1st time i was amazed at the stuff that came off. if you do it right it does leave the paint smoothas glass.

t3 corolla 116bhp
ta. looks much better in the metal, the colour looks a bit dead on some of those photos but there's actually a nice deep shine to it

camera phone ftl

Clio 172 Exclusive
Nice colour! Very glossy too :) I had the same problem as you last time I clayed, in nothing much coming off, other than the lower parts of the doors. Hasn't been done for a year though, so needs doing again!

Clio 1.4 16v Dymanique
good work mate, looks real nice, just lose the mudflaps and be spot on! Maybe a cup spoiler as well! :D

t3 corolla 116bhp
good work mate, looks real nice, just lose the mudflaps and be spot on! Maybe a cup spoiler as well! :D

cup spoiler would be good only i dont like the red section for the brake light. i prefer the clear ones on the non cup spoiler. can you change the cup spoiler ones?