ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DBW Throttle body size options for 172, 182 and 197

I'm looking into a bigger drive by wire T/B for friend as he said that you guys bore the T/B out and fit a bigger butterfly? I've never been a fan of doing this as it could cause problems etc.

Not sure about the 172 or the 182 but have been told that the 197 people bore this one out and fit a 64mm butterfly? but whats the butterfly from? any info on that would be good.

I've looked into this a bit more and think i found some T/B's that should work but some would need a modified inlet as they are 65mm,70mm,75mm and 80mm but this ones is hard to come by.

What are your thoughts and discuss please?

I think there is a thread about it on here

General comments are bad idea, not a restriction, and fools Ecu ect

Thats because people think they can just fit them and gain power but any drive by wire T/B will need to mapped into the ecu to make it work and idle correctly

Thanks for the link

Lionel Richie
Paul from RS Tuning has stated they make no difference and he's one of the best mappers in the country! You can't change the laws of physics, the engine CANNOT suck in more air regardless of what size thorttle body it has! (in simple terms)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Agreed. The throttle body isn't restrictive at all on the standard inlet. Remove it and it still won't flow more. Lol.

It's easily big enough for 250bhp as similar sized ones do that no problem at all on bigger engines.

I'm surprised you haven't had an inlet manifold on a flow bench to see where the restrictions are tbh. It's 100% not the tb that's for sure. I know because I've tested one.

I have but only had the inlet at the time, never tested the T/B so i thought i would ask before i went ahead and tried and wasted money