ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dci 1.5 top speed

What shoudl the top speed of the dci 1.5(65) be? On a private track I could not get above 98.

Is there something wrong thought it should eb able to break the ton.

D

Mazda MX5 1.8

98 seems a bit disapointing.......

thats only like 1.2 8v pace? altho looking on parkers its got top speed at like 101 so seems normal

RB182cup&golf gti

funny you should say that one of my mates got stopped speeding in his (dci 65) 97mph they closked him at - id expect youd get 105ish

Mine hit 100 if you leave it a bit.

However in Germany I tested it out foot to the floor for a few minutes and we topped out at 115. My mates got photo somewhere of it. That was with a load of stuff in the car (3 tyres and about 100kg of luggage etc).

1.6 focus zetec....

my 1.2 8v does 120 flat out.....i was offered a 1.5 dci aswell 4 6g, glad i didnt take the offer now

Quote: Originally posted by kiza1986 on 22 June 2005

my 1.2 8v does 120 flat out.....i was offered a 1.5 dci aswell 4 6g, glad i didnt take the offer now
Speedos are well out though to be fair.

Anyway thats only 5mph slower than mine and err how often do you drive at that sort of speed the difference between 115 and 102 isnt going to mean getting anywahere is noticably quicker.

1.6 focus zetec....

Only when folowing my cousin in his valver cos i need to thrape it just to keep up....and then hes prob still in 3rd gear haha :p

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

yeah, its not exactly something you could take into Renault, oh yes, umm, well my clio wont do over 100mph! :confused:

1.2 8v doin 120? mines 16v and only gets to 110 on my private track thats identical to the m1 :confused: :p

Can see a few ppl taking their cars to renault after this thread LOL

Quote: Originally posted by disco on 23 June 2005

So you rekon there is something up with the car? Maybe I should have stayed in 4th longer?
Nope Ive tested 4th good for 95 or so but all power dies after 4k.

Mine had trouble getting 100 at one time I dont know what it was but it went away. I guess the hot weather is the biggest problem in our 65 p sicne there on intercooler and 1 bar of boost which must make for some warm intake temps.