ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI 65 Turbo?

Clio 1.5DCI
Just wondering if any of you could help, got a clio dci and its hittin 90k and its recently began to sound rough, basically as bad as a tractor.
The other day I was driving, and when im in the torque band and I put the foot down a bit the engine sounds reallyyyyyyy rough, turbo sounds like its on its last legs.

What oil could you recommend which would be suitable for my dci?
Anyone recommend a good set of brakes, there is a lot of give in them lately.

Also, is there anything that really needs checked when its hittin this milage. Eg: Suspension.

Burgandy 174 sport t
had a turbo replaced at 20k in mine, f**k knows what oil I had in it then either. Imo just stick to the standard brakes they are good enough

E92 330
mines on 81k and ive had problems with injectors £382 per injector, not had any problems wit my turbo yet. mine sounds sweet, really quiet, i always ensure oils to the max. mine does allways sound worse in the morning.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
I had my turbo replaced at 40k a small piece of dirt got thru tha air filter and it took a small piece of the fan that's inside the turbo, result no torque at all, smoking like hell, but no strange noises.i say get it checked.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
I'm on 107K in my DCI 65 (2002) and have no problems with the turbo. I use Shell Ultra Helix 5W/40 full synthetic and I change the oil + filter every 15K.

And standard brakes a good enough - it is not a Sport or a DCI 100 ! :)

Clio 1.5DCI
Is there another service at 90k,feels like only yesterday I was in for the 70k.lol:D may get it booked in for another service and get them to check the turbo and fit new brakes, etc.

Thats a good point I forgot to mention my engine is starting to smoke, its going like the VAG Diesels when they put the foot down, just cancer being blown out the exhaust.

My clio also sounds real bad in the mornin, cold engine starts sound awful like those old fiesta's you hear.

Thanks for all your help people :D

What oil could you recommend which would be suitable for my dci?
Anyone recommend a good set of brakes, there is a lot of give in them lately.

Also, is there anything that really needs checked when its hittin this milage. Eg: Suspension.
Depends how you drive realy I had to change my suspension at 50k.

Oil there laods of decient stuff I use the Millers diesel its not cheap though £40 or so.

As for brakes stock are more than enough even 99% of track days won't kill them Bedfords the only one which killed mine and thats after ages of other track days.

Dampers were all worn they had gone soft to a level I wasn't happy with so i changed them.

Okay. Mine 2002 Clio DCI 65 have now gone 108K so maybe it is also time for mine dampers to be replaced ... hmm :rolleyes:

Depends maybe not I do a lot of track days on mine and there were still fine at 70k its just there weren't as good as I knew them.

Clio 1.5DCI
Thanks for the advice, ive already changed the springs and shocks to eibach proline so no need to worry about those, lol, however its very odd how i posted up this question and then today my steering column has started to squeek loads more and make a clunk noise while turning.

Will take u up on that oil as well, give it a shot as ive a feeling my renault dealer put cheap stuff in her. Brakes pads and disks are gettin changed next month.

Anyone advice on that chip though, still dont know whether or not to get one.

PS: DCI saves me loads too, got 603 miles out of £40 taking here easy.

williams and trophy
i get about 400 miles to £40 in the mrs'......at a steady 63mph.

no cheaper to run than the willy in all honesty...a hell of a lot uncomfier and slower.

only redeeming factor is it only costs £50 a year to tax the piece o shite.

Clio 1.5DCI
What do you expect for 65bhp, its designed for general commuting not raking around. I like my clio, has been reliable for 90k now with no probs, only startin to sound a little rough now.
I havent noticed any difference between the ride in a petrol clio or a dci either.
I know for a fact as well that it can keep up with the 1.2 clio's no problem, keep it in the torque band and its fine, any higher than 3.5 and it just dies.

williams and trophy
i expect a diesel to be more economic than a petrol.....

65hp or 650.

btw...it will pass certain throttle bodied 172s in certain areas.....lol.

Anyone advice on that chip though, still dont know whether or not to get one.
What chip is that? I wouldn't bother chipping one personally.

no cheaper to run than the willy in all honesty...a hell of a lot uncomfier and slower.
You need to get that checked out 50mpg is about the lowest I get 63mph you should be well into the 80's

What do you expect for 65bhp, its designed for general commuting not raking around. I like my clio, has been reliable for 90k now with no probs, only startin to sound a little rough now.
any higher than 3.5 and it just dies.
Just change the oil more 4k is fine in mine 4.2k is about the ideal change up in 1st gear.
Mine been reliable as well with its history track days etc.

Clio 1.5DCI
What chip is that? I wouldn't bother chipping one personally.

You need to get that checked out 50mpg is about the lowest I get 63mph you should be well into the 80's

any higher than 3.5 and it just dies.
Just change the oil more 4k is fine in mine 4.2k is about the ideal change up in 1st gear.
Mine been reliable as well with its history track days etc.

Do you by any change get a really rough sound that starts at about 3k in your clio by any chance. Mine is becoming really bad and its very tappety when little throttle is applied. Cheers

williams and trophy
thats ave. mate......lol

most of it was spent at 80-90+ with the roadworks taken slowly thanks to mr blairs stealth road tax....aye cameras.lol

430 odd miles..ave speed 63mph...canny remember the mpg now......but wasnt impressive.

Do you by any change get a really rough sound that starts at about 3k in your clio by any chance. Mine is becoming really bad and its very tappety when little throttle is applied. Cheers
Nope no trouble check/chnage the olil.
most of it was spent at 80-90+ with the roadworks taken slowly thanks to mr blairs stealth road tax....aye cameras.lol

430 odd miles..ave speed 63mph...canny remember the mpg now......but wasnt impressive.

Flat out 110 or so adveraging 94mph or so in Germany I got 37mpg and that 3 up with bags.

The Williams I think got 35 or so and that normal motorway cruising at much slower speeds.

Clio 1.5DCI
Right, decided to go for the shell 5W 40 oil, only have a few questions:

1. As the car is on 90k should I do an engine flush? I have some Forte stuff I bought a few months ago but never used.

2. Is the Sump Plug still 8mm in the dci clio's?

3. Where exactly is the sump located in the dci clio?

Thats about it really, got the oil filter and washer (non copper) today

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
1,if its service history is up to date dont bother

2,yep 8mm square drive

3, hmm

thought the 1.5 had an alloy sump or is that the 1.5 but 80 and 100 versions? you'll find out.

Clio 1.5DCI
Thanks for the help, Im sure Ill find the sump plug somewhere, knowing my luck it would probably be the gear box though, lol :)

Just wondering as well how akward it is to replace the oil filter and where it is located. Also, roughly how much oil do people throw in when filling up.

Thanks

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
Yoy have to remove the shield under the engine before you can get to the sump plug.

1. As the car is on 90k should I do an engine flush? I have some Forte stuff I bought a few months ago but never used.

2. Is the Sump Plug still 8mm in the dci clio's?

3. Where exactly is the sump located in the dci clio?
Forget the flush change the oil again in 1k instead.

Yep 8mm

Its on the bottom of the sump won't miss it.

Thanks for the help, Im sure Ill find the sump plug somewhere, knowing my luck it would probably be the gear box though, lol :)

Just wondering as well how akward it is to replace the oil filter and where it is located. Also, roughly how much oil do people throw in when filling up.

Thanks
be careful gearbox one is exactly the same size but uses the copper washer. You can tell the different for starters there a hole in the undo traf for the sump but not for the gearbox.
Yoy have to remove the shield under the engine before you can get to the sump plug.
Nope there a hole cut out on it.