ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI oil in intake

Hi, i've just had my airbox off to have a look at the airfilter (02 dci 65 on 57k miles) and decided to clean the EGR valve while i was at it.

• When i took it out it was perfectly clean and dry however when i ran my finger into the inlet manifold it was stuck up with a gritty tar like oil.
  • I had a further look about and noticed that the sensor on the hose from the turbo to the inlet manifold was also weeping oil.
  • There's also a bit of old/dry oil from between the turbo halves (presumably the seal interface).
  • I also took off the engine breather hose that connects from the plastic rocker to the inlet hose that runs from the airbox to the turbo.
I thought the turbo had gone but now i think that the oil from the breather hose could be the problem and now i'm confused, does anyone know the best way forward?

Thanks in advance

Clio & Mitsu ASX
Clean that bent aluminium connection pipe that runs from the engineblock to the EGR valve. Mine had a load of sticky stuff in it, car runs a lot better now it's clean again.

is it a tricky job to remove the bent pipe? i tried removing the plastic pipe from the turbo with the jubilee clips but gave up cos i was close to wrecking it

Bent pipe (hockey stick) now clean, was coked up, also noiced the inlet manifold was just as coked.

Didn't want to clean it and disturb the residue which would probably fall into the cylinders causing mayhem.

Surely cleaning the bent pipe alone is no good without cleaning the whole manifold? The air restriction & problem will still be there? Any ideas?