ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dci question

td_dan

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio DCi
My dci 65 is drinking water and oil quite badly ie topping them up once a month (so not that bad lol) but iv seen a complete dci 80 engine, box and ecu relatively cheap.

I was wandering can i just chuck this in as is or do i need the uch and key to match the ecu aswell?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
You’ll need the engine, ECU, UCH, Key, Decoder ring, fuel filler cap and passenger side door lock.

The dCi 65 and 80 share similar gearboxes but I’d just grab the 80 gearbox too just because it’ll be easier as this will probs be a JC5089. Think the ratios are about the same and same bolt pattern

Anything is do-able

My friend has just chucked a Kangoo dCi engine in his dCi 80 with no issues. Used his gearbox and ancillaries as they weren't included but started up first time and drives like a dream.

I would take into account the 65 doesn't use an intercooler so would need that and the pipework etc or just use your 65 set up.

dCi's are hard to come by from my experience because they are either knackered from injectors/pumps etc or people just don't sell them because they are so cheap to run and tax etc.

Just got one myself and really happy with it tbh

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah tbh my 100 burns about 0.1l of oil over about 1/2 months. By the time it gets anywhere halfway down the dipstick it's due an oil change as it's done over 6k anyway

Then again it's nearly on 250k so a bit higher than most other Clio's

td_dan

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio DCi
Ye mines 175k. The engine iv found is 83k

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
As above, it’s still running. Just keep topping it up.

If you’ve got spare cash, I’d just buy a lump and leave it under a cover until you need it. Could tidy the spare engine up slowly. Do the belt on it etc.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Surprised a 65 has lasted that long. Usually they throw an injector set after about 50k

Tbh a friend of mine is breaking a dCi 100 and I think he still has the intercooler setup from that. You'll just need to run an air temp sensor from a dCi 80 on the airbox side of the turbo. Only a small front mounted thing but makes a hell of a difference

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
As above, it’s still running. Just keep topping it up.

If you’ve got spare cash, I’d just buy a lump and leave it under a cover until you need it. Could tidy the spare engine up slowly. Do the belt on it etc.
36641710_2102527783103889_7353672403815235584_n.jpg

I know all about putting engines away "saving them for later" lmao

These are just the buggered ones I keep outside?