ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dci wont start

Clio Dynamique S DCI 86
Came to go out this morning, let the glow plug light go out, turned it, i can hear the starter motor turning, but its not starting. Read other posts about spark plugs, its a dci so has glow plugs. Any Ideas?

Clio Dynamique S DCI 86
I am unsure, it was fine yesterday coming home from Chester, about a 70 mile drive.

Spares websites dotn list so I guess no

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Keep trying mate. Maybe 4-5 times @ 5-6 seconds each time.

If it starts and the glow plug light comes on and stays on, you're in for a whole world of fun.

Clio Dynamique S DCI 86
It worked when i jump started it on a hill, when stood still idleing, the glow plug light comes on and it get svery lumpy, and theres a constant electrical whine from fuse box, passenger left side of dash, which when i break whines louder/higher.
Any Ideas?
Thanks alot for the help and swift responses.

ph2 172
poss glow plugs mate need to check them, don t forget what the weather has been like last week and will make starting worse. my old trick is spray easy start up the intake into the air filter while someone cranks it over failing that use brake cleaner

Clio Dynamique S DCI 86
Ive been driving fine for the last 2 weeks, -8 start last week, took 2 cranks but turned fine. Brake cleaner up the intake, bike stuff be ok, I race downhill so have plenty of that, its much less abraisive than car stuff. Probobly injectors, jusging by the light popping on when stationary, would that make it idle really heavily though?

ph2 172
yes if there is a leak into the cylinders on 1 or 2 injectors would be worth doing a leak off check, if glow plugs and injectors ok then don t know what else could be

www.renparts.co.uk
Injectors or pump would be my guess, my advice with DCI's though is find a garage that knows exactly what they are talking about. Seems a lot of the parts we sell turn out to be misdiagnosed faults. Garages seem very quick to diagnose the common problems.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
dont spary anything up the intake if you dont know what your doing as it may overrun then you will be in trouble. my guess would be an injector or relay problem