ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat and Exhaust

RenaultSport Clio 182
Hi I'm thinking about putting a de-cat pipe and exhaust on my 182. Any suggestions lads? Also how about inductuion kit and chip/re-map? Anyone had these done. I want to gain as much more bhp as poss. Cheers.

That will make your car a lot more free flowing. I'd recommend a viper induction kit, de-cat (silenced) and a custom exhaust. If you're looking to do further mods it would be best speaking to Andy @ GDI about an smt6 piggyback ecu which will allow the car to be remapped everytime you have a mod put on if you wanted.

Definately worth it.

good luck with that matey...sorry to hike the thread but if you take the cat of then obviously it has to go back on when you have an mot ok i understand that bit but what about the engine management light coming on on mk2 172??? or does it not come on i am thinking about one of these with a system but i cannot have the light on all the time it would do my head in lol

mk2 clio 172
clidge said:
good luck with that matey...sorry to hike the thread but if you take the cat of then obviously it has to go back on when you have an mot ok i understand that bit but what about the engine management light coming on on mk2 172??? or does it not come on i am thinking about one of these with a system but i cannot have the light on all the time it would do my head in lol

I put a sports cat on my mk2 172 and the managment light came on. Had it plugged in twice to knock it off but it came on again. Spoke to charlie down @ prospeed and he told me that there is no way of knocking it off.

dan

If you have a 172 just unplug the second lambeda sensor and the light won't come on leave it plugged in and it will keep going off.
The 182's have problems in that this trick doesn't work.

193 mk2
ive got a 172 mk2 with a janspeed de-cat, andy @ gdi fitted it , he plugged both lambar sensors in & the emmision light has stayed off.

wide said:
ive got a 172 mk2 with a janspeed de-cat, andy @ gdi fitted it , he plugged both lambar sensors in & the emmision light has stayed off.

That's cos he's a clever chappy!

I fitted my Janspeed Sports Cat a few weeks ago and the light came on for the 1st run but then switched its self off after that and has been off every since (touch wood).

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i have a janspeed de cat on my mk1 172, but mine is a late one with two sensors (same as a mk2 172) all we did was leave the spare sensor taped up under the car, and so far (fitted about 4-5 weeks ago) the light has not come on.
Oh, and de cat and custom exhaust is deffinately the way forward, so long as you want to sound like a touring car! The sound mine belts out is unbeleivable!

Clio 172 mk2
danny1 said:
I put a sports cat on my mk2 172 and the managment light came on. Had it plugged in twice to knock it off but it came on again. Spoke to charlie down @ prospeed and he told me that there is no way of knocking it off.

dan

Have heard of this problem but have installed a sports cat on my 172 with both sensors plugged in and haven't seen the light come on yet....touch wood.