ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat & Engine Light on

Clio 182/207cc GT
** As title

Is this a common thing after you remove the cat? And could I reset the light with a fault reader?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
very, the cat is supposed to filter the exhaust gas.

removing it means no filtering.

the lambda sensor is reading dirty air where its supposed to be clean, and telling the ECU that something is broken.

resetting the light will turn it off, for about 5 miles.

best bet, remove the after cat lambda sensor, tie it up in a sandwich bag and tuck it away safely, then fit a bolt in the hole in the pipe.

Clio 182/207cc GT

the lambda sensor is reading dirty air where its supposed to be clean, and telling the ECU that something is broken.

best bet, remove the after cat lambda sensor, tie it up in a sandwich bag and tuck it away safely, then fit a bolt in the hole in the pipe.

Ah okay, so does the light stay on indefinitely?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
if you put the sensor in a plastic bag and cable tie it shut, it'll read clean air.
once you reset the light that's it sorted :)

the lambda sensor is reading dirty air where its supposed to be clean, and telling the ECU that something is broken

Mine still came on like that. Since the rstuner remap it's never returned!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
From my own personal experience , when i decatted my Yozza the emissions light came on after a couple of days , i reset it with my code reader and it never came back on again in the next 12 months . You can reset it or leave it , either way , it doesn't affect the performance of the car .

Clio 182/207cc GT
Have bought a bolt to bung the sensor hole, will tidy sensor away. Hopefully it should turn off in time. I'm not the kind of person that can live with an EML on. :mad:

Thanks again for the help

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Have bought a bolt to bung the sensor hole, will tidy sensor away. Hopefully it should turn off in time. I'm not the kind of person that can live with an EML on. :mad:

Thanks again for the help

did it solve it for you?
where abouts in the south east are you anyways?

Clio 182/207cc GT
did it solve it for you?
where abouts in the south east are you anyways?

Fitted the bolt yesterday, light didn't go off so might reset the fault light and see if it comes back on.

I'm in Forest Row, East Sussex the village borders Kent, East / West Sussex and Surrey pretty much.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
ahh, I'd have leant you a code reader to switch the light off, but it's abit far to go!