ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

de cat to go with my k tec stainless steel supersports cat back exhaust ?? help pleas

ITB 428 Ph1
Hi,

I am looking for a de cat to go with my k tec stainless steel supersports cat back exhaust , i was going to go for a k tec de cat but they seem to cut the flanges on them to clear the sub frame which i dont really like. Also would a silenced de cat make any difference to performance to a non silenced de cat ?

Comments and help would be great !

I own a phase 1 172, would it make much of a difference, my cars booked in at TDF for the 10.11.11 for a re map and 428 cams.

Many Thanks

Correy

ITB 428 Ph1
Re: de cat to go with my k tec stainless steel supersports cat back exhaust ?? help p

SO, I have researched the different options available to me with my phase 1 and I have narrowed it down to a Miltek de cat, k tec de cat and a yozza de cat however yozza dont seem to have a site on the net that works at the moment

ITB 428 Ph1
Re: de cat to go with my k tec stainless steel supersports cat back exhaust ?? help p

no sorry make that k tec and yozza as there dont seem to be many options available for the 1 hole de cat that my phase 1 has,, which is a shame, however we are talking about a piece of stainless steel pipe

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

I think fred at BTM handles the Yozza stuff now, you can find him in traders section. I got one from K-Tec a few months ago, not too sure what you mean by them cutting the flanges though. I got the un-silenced one but I have a system with 2 silencers so its still pretty quiet.

ITB 428 Ph1

Ah okay thanx, do silencers affect performance I.e cause more restriction or anything than not having a silencer ?

Cheerz Zcorrey

Imo unless you want noise just keep your cat, decat has no noticeable effect on performance