ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat?

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Heya guys propper dont know much about cars 17 and just got a 1.2 dynamique (first car) 53 plate ive ordered a ashley twin backbox system for my car arrived the otherday planning to have it fitted tommorow will they remove my decat (if i have one dont actually know) if so this is a mot fail on a petrol engine isnt it?

Heres a link to what i have http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=3747971

Cheers guys big help if you can get back to me ASAP :)

If your cars standard it'll have a cat on it. If you'e only got the back box the rest remains the same.

If your going to make the car loud, i'd leave it alone.

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
ah ok cheers mate well its like that one there in that pic is it gonna make a difference?

They look to be the same. If you want power you'll not get it from just a back box - tbh i'd take what the first website says with a pinch of salt.

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Not interested in the power and i know i wont get any gain after a nice sound i actually have the ashley one like in my house waiting for tommorow only thing worrying me is will they remove my cat system to fit that thats all? could be totally wrong in thinking it but im not sure.