ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk5 Clio Rs-Line
How does people de ice windscreens without scraping or using de-icer. I remember hearing that de-icer is bad to get on paintwork and will eat away protective coatings like ceramic glaze and rainx

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Got a heated screen but have used a scraper and it doesn't seem to have done anything to the G1.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Tepid water in a sandwich bag and roll it round on the window.

Alternatively park in a garage or put one of those frost guard blanket things on

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Yeah, heated screen on and cold water. Away in seconds. The latter will only be applicable.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Urine, if you can get the pullback angle right
Twenty or so years ago I did this a few times on an old Nissan Stanza outside work late at night. It’s very effective, but did give the interior a slightly wheaty aroma.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Nanolex glass coating works brilliantly, really helped keep frost from setting on the glass. Gyeon view is also pretty good, but still required a very light scrape off.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I have a heated screen, so press a button and 30 seconds later, drive.

If I didn’t, I’d have no option but to ask other people how to do something as incredibly complicated. Wouldn’t be able to fathom it otherwise.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Salt.

1_UhiuYsswBeBC-mfjahHY4w.gif

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I have a heated screen, start car and wait a minute or 2.
Or
Go out and start the car a few mins before I want to leave.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I bought a windscreen cover. Sod risking scraping the windows. I just take it off, shake and through in the boot. Ready to go...