ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dead MK1 clio, whats it worth?

MK1 Clio Versailles
My MK1 N reg clio has died a death, well the head gasket has gone on it and I have another car at the moment.

What would be the best way of getting rid of it? Can't sell parts off as its parked on street but it has MOT and Tax up in Feb. Whats the scrap value on these type of things or is it good for Ebay as spares and repair?

MK1 Clio Versailles
Not got the time to fix it, the head gasket supposedly costs £500 at a garage to do. But yeah no time to fix it. As long as I can get £100 or more for it, that'd be fine. Most of the stuff on it is in good nick, new clutch, battery, wheels.

Ebay you will get up to about £100. then £8 - £10 to list it and £20 FVF.

So about £70 at a guess :)
Post code??

Mondeo TDCI 130
I have sold 2 on ebay recently, P reg astra estate, 12 months MOT, mint with headgasket gone, £270, and a P reg fiat brava cambeltsnapped, £55 with mot.

I have sold 2 on ebay recently, P reg astra estate, 12 months MOT, mint with headgasket gone, £270, and a P reg fiat brava cambeltsnapped, £55 with mot.

I'm getting s**t money for 'Spares or Repairs' atm. 3 Sold today.

Ford Mondeo 2.0 1999 Full Extras ETC. £200 (no mot) (with mot failure sheet)

Pug 106 1.4 diesel £70 (12 month mot) (fucked fuel pump)

Merc 190 D £190.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Advetise it as a project car, someone might be interested to use it to drop a different engine in & thrash fcuk out of it on a track

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
I would offer £50 for it but Robs already offered more!! Probably better to save the hassle off ebay and sell it to him tbh.

MK1 Clio Versailles
I'm in ST4 2BE. If someone offers £80 cash to pick it up, they can have it.

Image is below, it's a Versailles edition (will not come with alloys, but standard wheels, two new) and newish clutch (replaced last summer).

Smoked repeaters, wiring for rear speakers, upgraded dash speakers, no radio though.

n511389195_55441_4115.jpg

Last edited:
I've got 10 Mk1 Clios here at the garage and another 2 too come so I'm sorry but I'm to full up for any more atm mate. Best to sell it to iimushroomzii his a good chap :)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
dam to far away, would have been a nice mornings work, i reckon i could sell that for £700 if i put it rite

S2000
Head gasket should no way cost you £500 on that! Depends if you just want rid of it anyway but I would definately get a few quotes. What engine is it 1.2 energy? or is it the other 1.2 that came in the Mk1 Ph3?

Either way it shouldn't be that bad a job. If you want rid of it try putting it up on clio16valver.co.uk, or ask on there if there is anyone that would fix it for you as there are a few on there that would give you a very good price for the work if they are nearby.

MK1 Clio Versailles
Well it was suspected head gasket, fumes in the cooling system said RAC man, not a cheap job supposedly. Thanks for the advice. I planned to get rid anyway, its done 110K nearly on the clock.

Oh and that picture was from two year ago, it looks a little dirty at moment out on the road.

S2000
Well it was suspected head gasket, fumes in the cooling system said RAC man, not a cheap job supposedly. Thanks for the advice. I planned to get rid anyway, its done 110K nearly on the clock.

Oh and that picture was from two year ago, it looks a little dirty at moment out on the road.

Yeah I mean don't get me wrong a headgasket job won't be cheap on any car but shouldn't be anywhere near £500 for that engine.

MK1 Clio Versailles
Just to let you know the car is now available for pick up, just gotta put the battery in and clear some bits out

£80

I'll get some new pics up over weekend but I need it gone before tax expires on 31st Jan.