ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dealer kerbed alloy wheel

Clio Cup
Corr this makes my blood boil. The dealer where I took my car to kerbed one of the alloys wheels and now the car scary understeers big time in right turns. My question is, is it normal practice for them to apply a blue substance over where they have kerbed it?

It is keeping me awake at night the thought of them denying it when I next go in there and me having to report the matter to the local police (as I have video evidence of before and after). Or if they don't deny it I have to wait for a bleeding refurb, wasting even more of my time.

It is keeping me awake at night the thought of them denying it when I next go in there and me having to report the matter to the local police (as I have video evidence of before and after). Or if they don't deny it I have to wait for a bleeding refurb, wasting even more of my time.

If you've prrof before and after showing clearly they damaged it just threate to take them to the small calims court CAB can advice you on the best way to do it.
Don't accept a refurb new wheel unless they at there inconveniance can sort you our a wheel to use whilct they refusb your I'd demand a new one though and then settle for a refurb so both they think they've saved money in paying for what you irginaly demanded and you win as you get a fixed wheeel.

Trophy 265/500
Accept their offer of a refurb and half price labour on next service/repair.

Then make it a cam belt change.

Clio 5 1.2 16v
Oh i hate dealers still having a failing out do with my dealer of mine, there rat bags there rarther fob you off with a quick fix than do the job right, remeber the customers is there job and the customers is always right, so what you want they should do everything in there powers to get it, and lets just say this is there fault so they should fix it and i dont mean by just brushing it under the rug i mean fix IT.

Good Luck and dont let it get to you

Last edited:
Dealers are to**ers. Careless c**ts who dont care about other peoples cars and then try and fob you off when a complaint is made.

If i were u id storm down there as soon as possible with the evidence and demand a brand new wheel, and all of the steering etc fixed to sort the understeer problem. The try and get some compensation for the aggrevation theyve caused you.

i checked this with renault and basically every dealership should have a form to pre asses the condition of vehicles before they do any work on them so i always ask for this now after my wheel on my cub was smacked!! i also make sure my car is ultra clean before it goes in as well so they cant hide anything...

Black 182 f&f
Mate they f**Ked my wheel 2 i was in for a service an i was already gettin a new wheel but when they changed my wheel over they marked right round the rim of the old witch was just slighty maked but the made sure it was well f**ked so they are gonna get it recoated but i know i wont be a 100% match hence the reason i bought i new wheel in the 1st place ! GOOD old arnold clark :nono:

Skoda

If you've prrof before and after showing clearly they damaged it just threate to take them to the small calims court CAB can advice you on the best way to do it.
Don't accept a refurb new wheel unless they at there inconveniance can sort you our a wheel to use whilct they refusb your I'd demand a new one though and then settle for a refurb so both they think they've saved money in paying for what you irginaly demanded and you win as you get a fixed wheeel.

I'll have a pint of what you have been drinking mate!!:S

Last edited:
  Black 182 f&f
I would be going for the new wheel angle from then, sod the refurb.

rich if ur talking to me, yeah thats what i want but they said lets recot it 1st an take it from there that was about 3 weeks ago !

Clio Cup
Renault London West is bloody denying it. In regards to the brushed on blue lacquer they put on the wheel to show where they kerbed it, they are saying that this blue lacquer appears when the wheel is kerbed and so they are not at fault.

I have spoken to the police and they say this is a civil matter. So now I have to flipping waste my time starting a small claims action against these flipping morons. Does anyone know the cost of one trophy alloy wheel including fitment of it, as I need to state the value in the claim form? And also is it reasonable to ask for a geometry set-up but done by someone else to avoid any malicious damage, what kind of figure should I allow for this?

My claim is going to be for:

1. a replacement clio trophy alloy wheel
2. geometry set-up
3. time off work

Should I add anything else to this?

Clio Cup
The service manager lied to my face about going out to check the car because I was sitting right next to the door and I never saw him go out.

What I don't understand is if they wanted to deny the damage, why did they cover it with blue paint/lacquer.

This picture (car was well dirty as it was taken on a test drive by them, I took with my mobile when I got the car back) shows the blue marking in two places they did but they only marked half of the kerbing. I think it should be construed as kerbing because its too deep to be a scratch and is a quarter way round the rim. Supposedly the service manager says this blue stuff is what appears when you kerb the wheel, but I think its been applied on top of the kerbing.

photo0014vv1.jpg